(External) What You Need:
Strong background in agile methodologies and ability to mentor others in their use
- Work closely with Chief Architect to design and build major features
- Playing an active role in our recruiting process, helping us grow our engineering team
- Act as a strategist and champion for enterprise architecture and design principles
- Ensure adherence to continuous improvement practices as required to meet quality and time to market imperatives
- Report on the status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to ownership and your peers in the executive leadership team
- Develop tools to improve our ability to rapidly deploy and effectively monitor custom applications in cloud-hosted AWS environments
- Development and deployment of new product features to facilitate rapid iteration and constant growth
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 12 years of experience in Software Engineering (including applicable academic experience)
- 7+ years of direct management experience of at least 50 on-site engineers
- 7+ years of experience in technology leadership, leading agile teams and supporting a Product Management based organization
- 5+ years working with nearshore/offshore partners
- 3+ years of experience developing across a full stack, including client/server interaction, databases, and CI/CD infrastructure.
- 3+ years of experience with SAP Hybris
- Deep understanding of modern deployment and development infrastructure: CI/CD, unit and end-to-end testing, and cloud/enterprise deployment.
- Experience building and maintaining large-scale distributed systems
- Experience running high-complexity projects with cross-team dependencies
- Consistent track record of delivering high-quality software in regular, iterative releases
- Ability to collaborate within your own department and across others, driving results cross-functionally
- Commitment to model and live out our Core Values (Accountability, Community, Innovation and Courage) and a positive mindset are critical for success and should reflect in everything you do
Arbonne International is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin/ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military/veteran status, marital status, disability status or any other basis prohibited by law. At Arbonne International it’s about each person bringing passion and skills to a dynamic and inclusive workplace!
(External) What You'll Be Doing: Leverage knowledge of design principles and frameworks to define, perform, manage, and document all aspects of development throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC), including estimation, sprint planning, requirements gathering, architecting, prototyping, testing, issue/risk management, secure code repositories, change control and continuous delivery
- Conducts architectural and design reviews to identify and implement appropriate solutions to fulfill business requirements and partners with business units to recognize new application and integration needs
- Leads the development and delivery of IT solutions across a variety of technologies including Customer web/mobile development, Cloud Solutions in Azure, AWS, and Google Cloud; Data Driven solutions, AI and ML, Continuous integration, Continuous delivery (CI/CD) in DevOps, Robotic process automation
- Delivers presentations and facilitate meetings while adapting communication to varying audiences including high level stakeholders * May require work on physical premises
- Each employee is responsible for raising awareness of our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility and should actively participate in activities and initiatives which are designed to have a positive impact on the environment and local communities.
- As an employee of a purpose driven company, you are required to establish a goal relative to social and environmental impact
(External) Why You're Here: The Director of Software Engineering directs and oversees the software engineering and business intelligence functions in developing, releasing, and maintaining software applications / operating systems to deliver enhanced technology solutions. This includes managing a team of technical in-house resources, external consultants and third-party vendors who are responsible for partnering with key business functions to develop, implement and optimize core business systems. This role will be responsible for developing and managing strategies, budgets, policies, procedures, and architectural design standards that produce high-quality software products and services and support the functional infrastructure. The role requires hands on design, development, integration, and support.
Job Type: Full-time