If you are eager to work on the latest web technologies and feel like you are making an impact by being directly responsible for projects, consider applying for the Junior Web Developer position at Conversant.
This position works within the Automation & Infrastructure group to support and drive the creation and maintenance of operational tools and infrastructure systems throughout the organization. The role will involve all aspects of the development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, design, project management, implementation, automated test setup and maintenance.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Development, testing, documentation, and deployment of web based tools using cutting edge technologies (40%)
- Maintain and enhance existing software solutions (40%)
- Work with platform and development teams to identify product enhancements (10%)
- Collection, definition, and documentation of project scope and requirements (10%)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
We are looking for a highly motivated, detail-oriented professional to support the needs of the Automation and Infrastructure team at Conversant in a Web Developer role. A strong candidate for this position will possess the following skills:
- Experience working with a PHP framework a plus (Laravel, Codeigniter, CakePHP, etc.)
- Experience building or working with APIs
- Experience working with Version Control Systems (VCS – Git, SVN)
- Ability to work across a broad range of products and environments
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Strong troubleshooting abilities
- Basic understanding of HTTP, XML, JSON and web technologies
- Basic understanding of object oriented methodology (OOP)
- Basic understanding of Agile Methodologies
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and a self-starter
- Basic knowledge of databases and SQL (PostgreSQL, Oracle, MYSQL, etc.)
- Experience working in Linux environments (CentOS, Ubuntu, etc.)
- Knowledge of scripting languages is a plus (Bash, Python, Perl, etc.)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience developing and successfully deploying software programs/applications or strong technical background
When you’re one of us, you get to run with the best. For decades, we’ve been helping marketers from the world’s top brands personalize experiences for millions of people with our cutting-edge technology, solutions and services. Epsilon’s best-in-class identity gives brands a clear, privacy-safe view of their customers, which they can use across our suite of digital media, messaging and loyalty solutions. We process 400+ billion consumer actions each day and hold many patents of proprietary technology, including real-time modeling languages and consumer privacy advancements. Thanks to the work of every employee, Epsilon has been consistently recognized as industry-leading by Forrester, Adweek and the MRC. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with more than 8,000 employees around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com
Great People Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
For San Francisco Bay and Los Angeles Areas: Epsilon will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901-4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants with criminal histories are welcome to apply.