Are you passionate about building impactful solutions for our greatest national security challenges?
Do you value working in a creative, collaborative environment?
Are you searching for engaging work and an opportunity for leadership with an employer that prioritizes impact, innovation, and personal development?
If so, we 're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL!
We develop software systems to address challenging national security problems that enable planning and decision making in domains as diverse as active threat deterrence, signal intelligence, cyber operations, machine learning, image processing, and applied data analytics. We seek talented engineers who can work with a team to construct, implement, test, document, and maintain software applications that provide highly impactful capabilities for the special operations and intelligence community.
As a Senior Software Developer, you will:
- Work alongside other developers to design, implement, and test software solutions for advanced RF exploitation and communication applications.
- Work closely with signal processing and communication engineers to develop overall solutions that support sponsor needs.
- Document work in technical reports and informal memoranda as well as present work to sponsors and the technical community.
- Participate in field evaluation of applications and iterate accordingly based on performance and in response to emergent technical and operational requirements.
Qualifications: You'll meet our minimum requirements if you:
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you ...
- Possess a Bachelor 's degree in computer science, software engineering, computer engineering, electrical engineering, math, or equivalent.
- Are able to work effectively in small, multi-disciplinary teams.
- Are able to obtain a Secret level security clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
- Are able to do limited travel to sponsor sites.
- Can demonstrate that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To ensure the safety and well-being of the community, APL has established a policy requiring that all staff be vaccinated against COVID-19. All staff members must provide proof of full vaccination or have an approved medical or religious accommodation by their start date.
Why work at APL?
- Possess a Master 's degree in computer science, software engineering, computer engineering, electrical engineering, math, or equivalent.
- Are interested in leading software development tasks and mentoring.
- Have a willingness to work on quick-reaction projects in support of sponsor 's operational requirements.
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant and welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, occupation, marital or familial status, political opinion, personal appearance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. APL is committed to promoting an innovative environment that embraces diversity, encourages creativity, and supports inclusion of new ideas. In doing so, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including those with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact [email protected]
Only by ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard are we empowered to be bold, do great things, and make the world a better place.