Now is the time to join an organization that enables you to be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives. Here at the American Heart Association, you matter and so does your career!
The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for a Front-end Web Developer in our National Center office located in Dallas, TX (Home Based/Flexible work arrangements available).
The American Heart Association offers programs to help you maintain work/life satisfaction according to your changing needs and life situations. To help you be successful, you will have access to Heart U, our award-winning corporate university as well as various other training and support mechanisms locally and through our National Center.
\#TheAHALife is our company culture, our way of life, reflecting our diversity and inclusion, our focus on work-life satisfaction, and our Guiding Values - Check out this hashtag on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter today!
Essential Job Duties:
- Work with designers, back-end engineers, and stakeholders to bridge the gap between design and technical implementations.
- Translate lo-fidelity/wireframes and written requirements to maintainable and reusable web components.
- Optimization of application performance and scalability.
- Build and maintain technical documentation.
- Collaborate and connect with team members and stakeholders.
- Assist team members whenever is needed.
- ADA/a11y Development standards.
- Writes code, completes programming, and performs system/applications testing for the association’s web applications and properties.
- Provides debugging, system testing and technical support for digital technologies associated with assigned applications. Assists in fulfilling the day-to-day support and maintenance tasks of AHA’s digital assets.
- Estimates development efforts in conjunction with business requests.
- Follows and suggests improvements of web support and operation methodologies with associated standards and procedures for AHA’s 24 by 7 web environments.
- Provides appropriate documentation and artifacts of web products, operational processes, and work status for team metric reports.
- Provides technical expertise and consultation to team members and business partners.
Want to help get your resume to the top? Take a look at the experience we require:
- Bachelor's Degree in Front-end Web Development, Information Technology, related certifications, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in:
- Website development or application/digital development/builds marketing experience.
- Ticketing Systems; troubleshooting front-end website defects such as cross-browser/cross-platform and debugging with in-browser tools.
- Ability to coordinate, prioritize, and meet project deadlines.
- Customer service minded with excellent communication skills.
- Solutions oriented with good problem-solving skills.
Here are some of the preferred skills we are looking for:
- Understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, Azure DevOps, AWS.
- Experience in Agile Scrum, sprint releases, and iterative design.
- Understanding of SEO technical principles, Accessibility, WCAG.
- Tools: Apple VoiceOver, Windows Narrator, Siteimprove, WebAIM.
So, are you ready to work for the largest voluntary health organization dedicated to fighting heart disease, stroke, and other cardiovascular diseases?
Compensation & Benefits
The AHA is committed to making an investment in each employee. Below are our main components of the total rewards package we offer. Visit our Rewards & Benefits (add hyperlink) section to see more detailed information.
- Compensation – Our goal is to ensure you have a competitive base salary. That’s why we regularly review the market value of jobs and make adjustments as needed.
- Performance and Recognition – Employees are rewarded for achieving success in the form of merit increases and incentive programs based on type of position.
- Benefits – We offer a wide array of benefits including, medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, and a robust retirement program that include an employer match and automatic contribution. To further emphasize our commitment to employee well-being, we also offer an employee assistance program, employee wellness program, and telemedicine and medical consultation.
- Professional Development – You will have the opportunity to join one of our many Employee Resource Groups (ERG) or be a mentor/mentee in our professional mentoring program. HeartU is the AHA’s national online university that provides over 100,000 resources delivered in a variety of formats to meet your needs and busy schedule.
- Work/Life Satisfaction – The AHA offers Paid Time Off (PTO) at a minimum of 16 days per year for new employees. The number of days increase based on seniority level. You will also have 12 paid holidays off each year.
The American Heart Association’s 2024 Goal: Every person deserves the opportunity for a full, healthy life. As champions for health equity, by 2024, the American Heart Association will advance cardiovascular health for all, including identifying and removing barriers to health care access and quality.
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention.
This position not a match with your skills? Click here to see other opportunities.
Be sure to follow us on Twitter #TheAHALife
EOE/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Posted Date 1 week ago (9/21/2022 11:41 AM)
Requisition ID 2022-9132
Job Category Information Technology
Additional Locations Diversity Distribution US - Top 47
Position Type Full Time
Location: CA-Long Beach