This position is currently under a "hybrid" work model - combination of working from home and coming onsite as needed or at specified times (to be determined by department needs).
Our Office of Health Informatics & Analytics (OHIA) is looking for a highly motivated, passionate and talented Senior Cloud Support Engineer (Azure) to join the Enterprise Data Management (EDM) group, who is eager to learn and embrace new tools and techniques to increase performance, automation, and scalability. The goal for our team is to keep our cloud infrastructure ahead of our rapid customer growth, ensuring service reliability, performance, efficiency, and security. We are looking for an operations-minded automation and software expert for supporting the transformation of various services from on-premises solutions to Cloud Technologies.
You will be part of the team that is responsible for deploying, and operating the infrastructure and software based on Cloud technologies. With your strong technical background including a combination of both service operations and IT skillsets, you will troubleshoot, diagnose and fix environment issues, and develop the monitoring solutions which will automate the daily operational activities. You will work closely with our internal clients and OHIA team members to understand the solution requirements and you will lead the analysis and design of supportability of technical solutions for cloud environments. Additionally, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of infrastructure and applications’ build, release, deployment, configuration activities as well as the operations automation, optimization and management. Other responsibilities include design for support, Documentation for SOPs, monitoring and maintaining the automation of our infrastructure and service deployment.
You will work independently and collaboratively with rest of the team and internal OHIA groups to gather requirements, prototype, architect, implement/update solutions, build and execute test plans, perform quality reviews, manage system operations, as well as triage and fix operational issues. You will also develop, implement and manage industry standard DevOps processes and assist in maintaining and managing the current Cloud HPC infrastructure and assisting with other public and private cloud solutions.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of Microsoft Windows server and Linux based servers, enterprise system support experience and strong background in systems administration for both operating systems
- 3+ years of work or experience in a real time operational and support engineer role with Azure or similar public cloud
- Azure Certified Solution Architect, Developer, Sys-Ops Administrator Certifications are preferred
- Azure and Cloud Experience
- Experience with Azure and AWS computing design, provisioning, and tuning
- A successful previous migration to Azure is a plus
- Experience with deployment strategies on Azure
- Docker experience is preferred
- Familiarity with logging/monitoring using tools such as Evident.io etc. is a plus
- Strong knowledge of Azure Services (SQL DB, SQL DW, Data Lake, Cosmos DB, HDInsight, Stream Analytics, and other core Azure technologies)
- Experience with Azure core services; VMs, Blobs, Key Vaults, Networking, VNets and other Azure Infrastructure and Services
- Experience with Automation, Configuration Management and Orchestration, Infrastructure as Code (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience with Azure Data Factories and other automated deployment delivery methods
- Expertise in selecting the appropriate Azure service based on compute, data, or security requirements
- Advanced knowledge of Azure CLI and PowerShell and scripting
- Strong understanding and knowledge of AWS Services (EC2, Network, ELB, S3/EBS, DynamoDB, Lambda, API Gateway, IAM, CloudFormation, and other core AWS technologies)
- Expert knowledge of system administration and security protocols for client/server environment deployed using Windows and working knowledge using Linux
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle, test driven development, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Solid understanding and experience working with high availability, high performance, multi-data center systems and potentially hybrid cloud environments
- Strong ability to troubleshoot complex issues ranging from system resources to application stack traces
- Experience with containerization and orchestration of web services
- Experience with VSTS and/or Git/GitHub version control systems
- Experience in development with scripting languages
- Experience supporting Data stores/Databases: MS-SQL server, MySQL, MongoDB, etc.
- Working knowledge of related technologies including encryption, IPsec, VLANs, VPNs, routing, firewalls, proxy services, LAN/WAN connectivity
- Project and system planning experience is essential
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.