Description: The Organization
Community Partners offers expert guidance, essential services, and a strong dose of passion to help foster, launch, and grow creative solutions to community challenges. For almost 30 years, hundreds of individuals, groups, foundations and other institutions have worked with Community Partners to create new nonprofit projects, establish coalitions, and manage major philanthropic initiatives to benefit the region.
Across all program areas, Community Partners works toward our organizational vision: A vibrant society in which individuals and institutions use knowledge, resources, and relationships to build equitable, democratic and thriving communities.
Our work includes: Fiscal Sponsorship
We provide the structure, finance and administrative services, expert counsel and connections that help nonprofit leaders succeed. Intermediary Services
We help foundations, corporations, government agencies and other institutions achieve greater impact. Knowledge Sharing
We offer workshops, reports, speaking engagements and a range of publications to help strengthen the field.
Community Partners today works with upwards of 180 fiscally-sponsored projects and 15-25 initiatives and manages roughly $80 million in revenues annually. Our work spans the fields of civic engagement, arts and culture, education, social justice, health, public policy, social services and youth. To learn more, please visit us at www.CommunityPartners.org. THE POSITION
Community Partners seeks a full-time Human Resources Assistant. Reporting to the VP of Human Resources, this position will support all members of the HR team in the day-to-day functions of HR, and needs of the team as a whole. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties
- Provide clerical and administrative support to Human Resources team
- Compile and update employee records (hard and soft copies)
- Process documentation and prepare recurring and special reports relating to personnel activities (staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations etc.)
- Coordinate HR team and member schedule, projects (meetings, training, surveys etc.) and take minutes
- Live Scan Administration: Notify project leaders of results for volunteers & employees; File and organize all incoming Live Scans
- Verify employment for current and former employees and process any EDD forms
- Assess employee requests (both through Help Desk and outside) regarding human resources issues and general questions
- Assist in payroll preparation by providing required data and reports
- Other duties as assigned
. Requirements: QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate’s Degree in Business, Human Resources or related field preferred (or equivalent work experience) required.
- Must have excellent organizational and interpersonal skill, be highly attentive to detail, and be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and maintain a high degree of confidentiality due to the nature of the position.
- Excellent client service and interpersonal skills and professional demeanor in communicating with staff members at all levels throughout the institution, as well as with vendors and others.
$21.64 - $23.08 hourly.
Benefits include paid holidays and vacation, a 403(b) plan with employer match, medical, dental, vision, flex spending, and a range of professional development opportunities. Community Partners has a 9/80 work week option under which employees may elect to work 80 hours in 9 days and take every other Friday off (after completion of introductory period). Community Partners® is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. In addition, the organization will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.