WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group, we’re a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
- Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
- Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
- Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
- Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
Job Title: Lead Dev Ops Engineer
A little bit about our team:
ADA is WMG’s distribution arm for independent labels and DIY artists. The Product & Integration team is responsible for the technology that services our global community of independent artists & labels. We build tools that artists & labels use to run their careers and businesses. Our platform ensures that creative content is distributed out to the market accurately, on time, and set up to industry and artistic standards. We must constantly innovate to keep up with the music industry and provide opportunities, revenue, & promotion tools to the indie community.
This role is a unique opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing independent music distributors as one of the team’s first engineers, reporting to the VP of Engineering. You will execute on the ADA product vision & roadmap, while helping to build our team and engineering culture. You will work with engineers on the Global Tech team to ensure alignment on product strategy, architecture, design, and development between ADA and WMG. You will get to deliver consistent, high-quality products that are adopted by dispersed global teams and help transform the ADA Tech Team through shaping of best practices, developing reusable assets, and creating new products & processes that help us deliver a high volume of new music to market.
Here you’ll get to:
- Be a founding member of ADA’s Tech team & help build our engineering culture and processes
- Be responsible for delivering a best-in-class distribution product & carry out the engineering vision for
ADA and our DIY product,
- Shape ADA’s engineering practices while partnering with WMG’s Global Tech engineers on mission-critical projects.
- Design & build workflows and DevOps infrastructure to help achieve Continuous Integration, Testing, Deployment, and Monitoring
- Create documentation for CI/CD infrastructure
- Implement blue/green deployments
- Manage product builds and deployments
- Create system documentation for training and reference, supporting new engineers during onboarding
- Ship high-quality code daily, innovating on hard-to-solve problems of the music industry
- Evaluate product challenges and work with stakeholders across WMG’s Global Technology department, WEA Operations teams, and ADA to arrive at the best-fit solution
- You have 5+ years of experience on a DevOps Engineering team building a consumer or b2b enterprise tech product
- You have experience working with distributed systems (e.g., Cloud, Cloud-native, Containers, Streaming/Event-based, Data and Analytics)
- You are extremely knowledgeable about DevOps practices and frameworks such as Github, Jenkins, Ansible, AWS Code Deploy/Build/Pipeline, Serverless Framework, AWS Amplify, NPM, Gradle, etc.
- You have experience with scripting languages such as shell or Python, in addition to other languages and tools:Node.JS, SQL, PHP, Python, Java, Kubernetes, Postgres, React, Snowflake, etc.
- You have working knowledge of NoSQL databases such as DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, Elasticsearch, etc.
- You can be scrappy and innovative when working with tight timelines, but you also advocate for long-term code quality
- You have experience working with a high-performing team of PMs, engineers, and designers
- You enjoy mentoring and building collaborative coding environments
- You are organized and you’re great at documentation & diagrams
- You have a passion for independent music and helping artists at all stages of their careers
As the home to Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world’s premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We’re the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2022 Warner Music Inc.