OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
We believe in the future of entertainment – across all platforms and for all audiences.
FOX has always given unfettered access to the moments that have collectively captivated us. The breaking story. The unmissable final. The outrageous touchdown. The shocking cliffhanger. We changed the game on sports and news production. Now we’re looking to change the game again. We are pioneering the future of news, sports, and entertainment in the digital realm.
It’s an audacious mission. We’re challenging ourselves to be the first to do it - to disrupt the digital entertainment category and redefine the live experience for the next generation.
And we’re doing it by starting from scratch. Think of FOX as a start up with the backing of a fortune 500 corporation. You will be part of a new team with full permission to reinvent, disrupt, and build in a highly collaborative and transparent environment.
FOX has always been an advocate for the disruptive spirit. And now we’re looking for like-minded people to push the boundaries on what entertainment can mean. Join us to help make the best of sports, news, and entertainment more personal, more immersive, and more interactive than ever before.Job Description:
Primary responsibilities include the design, development, administration, and deployment of Fox’s application performance management tools. The candidate will deliver methods, plans, and ideas to optimize applications. The candidate will also provide analysis for performance tuning, capacity planning, pre-deployment planning, and troubleshooting.Job Duties and Duties:
- Application Performance Management
- Designs, installs, configures, optimizes, and administers data center monitoring and other IT optimization tools and utilities with only moderate guidance of senior staff team members.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements modifications to procedures, system parameters, threshold monitoring triggers, security requirements, etc. to improve operations support and efficiency.
- Work closely with other organizations to develop application service templates, views, and dashboards.
- Integration of tools to enable end to end incident workflows (monitoring, alerting, tracking, and response).
- Creation and management of a portal or dashboard to aggregate views for all monitoring and reporting applications.
- Tools Administration
- Upgrade, troubleshoot, and tune.
- Assist and train personnel in usage of tools.
- Production Support
- Provide 24x7 on-call production support.
- Serve as a resource to identify and diagnose application performance issues.
- Three to five years of experience with ScienceLogic or comparable cross-domain monitoring tools.
- Three to five years of experience with Splunk or comparable data searching visualization tools.
- Two to three years of experience with Moogsoft or comparable event management tools.
- Two to three years of experience in New Relic or comparable application performance monitoring tools.
- Three to five years of network, server, database and application monitoring and analytics experience a must. Must have ability to work with other OS platforms including, but not limited to, Windows, Linux, and AWS. The majority of this experience must have been developed while working in companies with greater than 1,000 employees.
- Strong knowledge of Linux and Microsoft Operating Systems.
- Strong knowledge of AWS or comparable cloud environments.
- Strong knowledge of native monitoring/performance tools: SNMP, WMI, perfmon and syslog.
- Sound knowledge of web front-end technologies HTML, CSS and JS
- Good understanding of LAN/WAN infrastructures, topologies, and protocols.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft SQL
- Skilled in web development
- Skilled in application, system and network monitoring
The following professional certifications are desired:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Splunk Enterprise Certified Administrator
- ITIL 3.0 (Information Technology Infrastructure Library)
- CompTIA Network+
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or another related field or higher (preferred)Language Skills
Candidate must be fluent in English. Other language skills a plus.Travel
Light travel may be required. Candidate must have a valid passport.We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.