Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP, an AM Law 50 firm, has an opening for a Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst, who will serve as in a quality control function for the IT organization.
We strongly prefer candidates who can work from our Downtown Los Angeles or Century City offices, but will consider other candidates who can work from one of our other U.S. offices.
The other offices we are considering are: Orange County, Downtown San Diego, Del Mar, Silicon Valley, San Francisco, Chicago, Dallas, and Washington DC. There is only one opening.
The QA Analyst will work closely with the firm’s application distribution team and technology managers to research, plan, test and integrate the primary services and applications used by the firm. The QA Analyst may also be asked to provide post implementation oversight and monitoring as needed. The QA Analyst should be able to work independently, manage their time effectively, and open to learning and consulting their peers on new technologies. It is essential that the QA Analyst be able to collaborate with other Information Technology team members.
- Work with the application/service subject matter experts to identify necessary updates
- Review the applicable release notes for the potential update(s) to prioritize timing and impact
- Design and implement testing plans for products and services
- Identify procedures and scenarios for the quality control of products and services
- Process product reviews and inform the application team members of defects and errors
- Communicate quantitative and qualitative findings from test results to the team members
- Monitor efforts to resolve product issues and track progress
- Ensure that the final product satisfies the product requirements and meet end-user expectations
- Spot areas for improvement to enhance the product's efficiency
- Research the current market for similar products and compare results
- Works to minimize risk by identifying, communicating and escalating issues appropriately to their Manager and project teams
- Performs post implementation testing, smoke testing, patch testing, and supports as needed to help stabilize the application
- Participates in the learning, development and deploying of automation frameworks
- Communicates test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management
- Updates and maintains test scripts and regression documentation
- Cultivates and disseminates knowledge of quality assurance best practices
Essential Functions of Job:
- Experience with testing Windows Desktop, Web, Mobile applications
- Experience with testing application deployments such as SCCM
- Strong problem-solving skills, takes initiative and uses good judgment, excellent follow-up skills
- Candidate must be a self-starter who can work well under minimal supervision as well as take a proactive approach in being team oriented
- Background in defect tracking/resolution and quality assurance skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written), professional demeanor and presentation
- Automate operations and integrate with firms’ change management and operational systems.
- Review systems on a daily basis. Document and resolve issues to ensure continuous operations.
- Maintain professional decorum when representing the IT department to attorneys and staff.
- Complete additional tasks as assigned
- Provide 24x7 support as needed
Required Qualifications: Two (2) plus years of progressive experience working with and testing desktops applications, preferably within the legal vertical, but will consider similar experiences in a professional services environment. Intermediate to Expert knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and business applications. Strongly prefer a candidate with experience in at least two (2) IT disciplines (such as strategic planning, solution architecture, technology architecture, network management, security management, change management, application development, middleware design, information analysis, database management, project management and operations management).
Strongly Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Major: Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related field
License and Certification
Preferred: Microsoft or other legal application vendor technologies
Required: Advanced to expert technical knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Windows operating systems, MS Office suite, popular corporate applications, systems design and integration. Ability to see how parts interact with the whole (big picture thinking). Knowledge of multiple components of desktop architecture. Demonstrate knowledge of business re-engineering principles and processes.
Able to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Normal travel might include 0-10%.
Prolonged sitting/standing at desk, keyboarding, and repetitive hand motion. Need to lift equipment up to 25 lb.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.