DISH is a Fortune 250 company with more than $13 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
**Working location in Englewood, CO is required; relocation assistance available.
DISH Technologies, in Englewood, CO, is looking for an RF Device Engineer. This innovative person will create RF and electrical engineering hardware designs employed in DISH Technologies award winning set top boxes and accessories involving satellite, cable, off-air, and wireless consumer electronics.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Possesses comprehensive knowledge of RF hardware design. Work cross-functionally on projects and assignments. Involved with scoping and implementing RF design projects. Engineer will report to the Senior Manager of RF/OEM Engineering and work with other engineering departments as part of the overall DISH Technologies team.
- RF designs that may involve MoCA, RF4CE, Bluetooth, WiFi, and other wireless networking technologies.
- RF Designs employed in Dish Technologies set top boxes that may use QPSK, 8PSK, QAM, 8VSB and other digital communication methods.
- Responsible for circuit design from specifications, part selection, schematic entry, layout, optimization, validation, to final mass production.
- Document designs and write test procedures and reports
- Issue final approval with supporting documentation to management and document control groups
- Support internal groups such as other design groups, manufacturing, service and management
- Travel domestically and internationally in order to support product development.
- Provide timely status on progress of projects, priorities, and issues to management
- Peer review of internal designs and OEM design proposals
- Mentor junior engineers on design projects
Skills and Experience:
- BSEE or equivalent experience
- 5 - 8 years with documenting designs: schematic, bill of materials, test procedures, and validation data
- 5 – 8 years in RF design from component level through system level
- 5 - 8 years in use and knowledge of RF test equipment and methods
- Use of equipment such as spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, bit error rate testers, signal sources, modulators, and noise sources
- Use of RF Design Simulation tools, Genesys RF circuit and CST Electromagnetics, for design and concept evaluations
- Satellite, cable, or off-air front end designs from tuner through demodulator
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and ZigBee/RF4CE two way radio designs
- DVB-S, DVB-S2, 802.11 WiFi, Digital Cable, Bluetooth, and ZigBee standards
- Antenna design and placement optimizations for singular, multiple, MIMO, internal or external, for 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz radios
- Use of automated test environments such as Labview to support RF testing
Compensation: $64,150.00/Yr. - $100,550.00/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.