Senior Software Engineer, Product
Greenlots is unlocking the possibilities of the new electric mobility future by delivering innovative software and services that empower utilities, cities, communities, and automakers to deploy EV charging infrastructure at scale. Our technology is connecting people to their destinations in a safer, cleaner, and smarter way. Headquartered in Los Angeles, CA, the company’s global footprint spans across three continents with deployments in 13 different countries.
At Greenlots, we are looking for candidates who want to be a part of something bigger than themselves – authentic, purpose-driven individuals who believe having a career means making a meaningful impact on our business and the world. We believe in creating and doing ‘the next right thing’, especially when stepping into new spaces and territories previously unexplored. We are looking for the bold and the courageous, the innovative, and the accountable; those who can quickly translate ideas into meaningful action; and those who have a passion for learning and growing along with us!
Greenlots is looking for a
Senior Software Engineer to join our team in the design and development of Greenlots product vision into operational code. Specifically, the Senior Software Engineer will join a team that builds an integrated product suite of Enterprise applications in the EV Charging network domain. The Candidate will participate in the technical design and implementation of one or more components of the product. This candidate works closely with rest of cross-functional team to produce design documents, implement product features and develop and execute unit tests.
What you will do:
Responsible for designing, developing, and delivering web and mobile applications.
- Develop consumer-facing features and architectural components to meet company demands.
- Play a key role in mapping the expanding needs of the business into innovative technical solutions within a highly scalable and event-driven architecture while maintaining and documenting software and resolutions.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams including our Global Engineering teams in an agile development environment.
- Proven experience successfully optimizing applications for scalability
- Utilize problem solving skills to implement creative solutions to tough problems
- Advocate for best-in-class technology solutions for large scale enterprise applications
Who we are looking for: Basic Qualifications:
- BS in Computer Science
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years of Java server-side design and development experience
- 3+ years Highly proficient in J2EE, Spring Boot and Hibernate
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Experience working in a small team setting along with offshore development team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills: proven ability to lead both vertically and horizontally to achieve results; thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced, environment and do what it takes to deliver results
- Committed to security practices in policy and delivery
- Show vigilance in reporting of information, security vulnerabilities whether personal devices, corporate assets, services offered to customers, or office environment
- Willing to participate in additional security and privacy trainings.
- Willing to be a model citizen/mentor in security practices for Greenlots
- Experience with AWS, RDS, Docker, Kubernetes
- Distributed Caching (Redis), Queuing technologies (ActiveMQ, Kafka), Elastic Search
- Excellent knowledge of RESTful APIs
- Experience with Data Model, SQL and No-SQL
- Excellent knowledge of Microservices Architecture and implementation
- Experience with Github/Bitbucket, Jira, Scrum, SonarCloud and CI/CD processes
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Experience working on software-as-a-service (SaaS), large scale distributed systems and relational/NoSQL databases
- A work environment that allows you to work with and learn from some of the best and brightest in this emerging industry
- The ability to make a difference in a world that needs our technology to help reduce carbon emissions and enable a more sustainable energy future through the use of electric vehicle charging software, services and infrastructure
- The freedom to learn, suggest, and implement innovative new ideas applied to our systems, processes, programs and technologies
- Daily ownership of your role in a challenging, high-growth environment.
- A casual work environment and culture that support work life ‘fit’, enabling you to fit life into your work and work into your life, i.e. flexible scheduling, virtualization options, and a generous holiday package
- Well-being programs that enable you to thrive, e.g. investment in ergonomics, healthy snacks in the workplace, completely subsidized onsite gym program
- Competitive pay and benefits programs designed to enable you to thrive inside and outside of work
- Participation in Greenlots' performance and rewards bonus program
- Best in class, medical benefits that offer 100% health-care coverage for employees (medical, dental, vision) and a 401K program, supporting financial well-being
- Innovative Paid Time Off Program
- 9/80 Flex Work schedule
- A collaborative, progressive headquarter location at the ROW Downtown Los Angeles with fully subsidized onsite parking and access to unique food and beverage experiences.
Greenlots is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Greenlots are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, creed, religion or belief, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Greenlots will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Greenlots participates in E-Verify, as an employer we will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.