Fictiv Exists to Enable Hardware Innovators to Build Better Products, Faster
Fictiv, coined the "AWS of manufacturing," is a leading technology company transforming the $350 billion manufacturing industry. Our cutting-edge cloud platform uses AI and machine learning algorithms to help companies build hardware at the speed of software. Come join our growing team!
Software Engineer, Backend, (Remote)
What's in it for you?
Fictiv is on a path to re-invent how manufacturing should be. You will be working with a team of engineers who are driven to make this a reality. You will be a core member of the team that will focus on supply chain automation.
Small Team, Big Impact
We are a small team taking the next step in evolving our systems and infrastructure. You will play a key role in sharpening our technical execution as well as elevating our technical standards. With our team at a small size and growing, you will be well positioned to have a wide impact over a range of systems and decisions.
Our customers work on products that push technological boundaries – from self-driving cars to low-cost water purification systems. They inspire us to develop systems to move faster, build higher quality product, and shape the future of manufacturing.
Change an industry
We have a big vision for what manufacturing should be, and we are determined to make that vision real. You'll be working with smart, mission driven teammates to create significant change in this industry.
What will you be doing?
- Introducing practices and patterns for developing flexible, robust, and secure systems, allowing the team to expand functionality with higher quality and confidence.
- Creating elegant technical solutions to our most complex challenges. As we scale our business this means creating a highly available, distributed system backed by multiple manufacturing partners spanning multiple geographies.
- Helping to mentor teammates through code and technical design reviews in ways that increase their ownership and help them grow in their career.
- Assisting with debugging production issues and handling blockers, participating on Scrum teams to achieve team goals, exploring new patterns / techniques and increasing your technical breadth.
- Acute Business Understanding: Rather than pursuing technology for its own sake, you figure out how businesses work and can apply technology to meet business needs.
- Problem Solving: Hands-on digging deeply into the nuts and bolts of how systems work and can solve problems at their root. Showcasing your wealth of experience and perspectives as well as drawing from and sharing with the team
- Collaboration and Team-oriented: Bring a strong desire to help the entire team level up and improve our collective craft. Understanding the outsized impact of your actions and behaviors, display your capabilities to work well with adjacent teams and stakeholders and proactively communicate the status of tasks and the impact on the project.
- Excellence in Delivery: Proven ability to consistently deliver high quality, maintainable, and defect-free code. A believer that testing is an important part of creating quality software.
- Technical Expertise: You're fluent in writing code and possess a solid understanding of the technical domain and concepts. You possess some experience in building highly available, business critical systems in cloud environments (AWS ecosystem preferred) using Node.js.
- Proficiency in building backend APIs and integrations
- Experience writing unit and integration tests
- Experience developing/versioning/maintaining REST or GraphQL APIs
- Experience with SQL & No-SQL databases
- Experience with event systems such as queues, iPaaS, event buses
- Experience with distributed systems is a strong plus
Perks and benefits
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K plan
- Monthly Virtual Work stipend for things like food, internet, travel, pet care, health and wellness
- Annual Education stipend
- Parental leave programs
- Paid volunteer days
- Onboarding setup, including: standing desk, laptop, monitor, and chair, and a stipend for additional items such as headphones, blue light glasses, or any other ergonomic supplies you may want or need
- And much, much more!
Our Digital Manufacturing Ecosystem is transforming how the next rockets, self-driving cars, and life-saving robots are designed, developed and delivered to customers around the world.
This transformation is made possible through our technology-backed platform, our global network of manufacturing partners, and our people with deep expertise in hardware and software development.
We're actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.