- 5+ Years Industry Experience
- Experience ramping up on existing, large, high-throughput applications and quickly making an impact
- Experience developing with static-typed languages.
- Experience with large data stores (DynamoDB, Cassandra)
- Managed infrastructure projects
- Can write performant concurrent applications that handle hundreds of thousands of requests per second on a single instance
- Thrive in a collaborative environment; we work closely with our other team members, Edge team members, AWS experts, downstream service owners, frontend engineers, and other stakeholders
Twitch is the world's biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It's where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We're about community, inside and out. You'll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We're on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we're up to on LinkedIn and Twitter, get interviewing tips on Instagram, and discover projects we're solving on our Blog.
About the Role:
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment. As an engineer on the Video-on-demand (VOD) and Clips team, you will be responsible for building and scaling systems that underpin all of Twitch's non-live video streaming products.. Because we operate at the core of the Twitch experience, you’ll work closely with teams across Twitch to advise, partner, and build new and exciting uses for on demand content within the rest of the Twitch ecosystem.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated back-end engineer to join our team. Successful candidates will have a track record of building highly available and scalable applications. You will work closely with other engineers in our team to design, build, deploy and operate highly available systems.
- Develop, deliver, and operate new product services and features on native AWS infrastructure
- Scale and improve existing APIs and services used to power the Twitch video and clips platforms
- Contribute to overall team technical strategy and architecture design
- Mentor and cultivate the growth of the engineers around you
- Build tools and monitoring systems to ensure we sustain the service’s consistent high availability and low error rates
- Know Go and have used it in production ready systems
- Experienced in using and building on AWS
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, - Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado, Connecticut and Washington is $178,020 - $217,580 yr and in New York City is $195,840 - $239,360. Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Twitch's internal or external careers site.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, or other legally protected status.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.