WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Business Unit Overview
HBO Max is where storytelling takes center stage and where creatives find a home with the support and resources to do their best work, no matter the genre or format. Whatever the viewer wants to watch is front and center and more of what they crave is easily discovered. It is where our exclusive HBO Max Originals and iconic entertainment brands thrive, with HBO, Warner Bros., DC, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network and more delivering the greatest array of series, movies and specials for audiences of all ages. HBO Max launched in the US in May 2020 and is scheduled to be in an additional 60 markets this year, launching in Latin America in June and followed by upgrades of HBO-branded streaming services in Europe.
As a Sr. Analytics Engineer, you will lead data pipeline, data modeling, and data visualization-related efforts for the Business Intelligence & Analytics team at HBO Max. You’re an engineer who not only understands how to use big data in answering complex business questions but also how to design semantic layers to best support self-service vehicles. You will manage projects from requirements gathering to planning to implementation of full-stack data solutions (pipelines to data models to visualizations in Looker). You will work closely with cross-functional partners to ensure that business logic is properly represented in the semantic layer and production environments, where it can be used by the wider HBO Max team to drive business strategy.The Daily
- Design and implement data models that support flexible querying and data visualization
- Advance automation efforts that help the team spend less time manipulating & validating data and more time analyzing it
- Contribute innovative ideas to the Analytics Engineering roadmap
- Participate in the creation and support of Analytics development standards and best practices
- Rapidly deliver on concepts through prototypes that can be presented for feedback
- Train fellow employees on best practices for data visualization and help others act as successful stewards of our tools
- Bachelor's degree or greater in quantitative field of study (Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, etc.) from a top-tier institution
- 4+ years of relevant experience in business intelligence, analytics, and/or data engineering
- Expertise in writing SQL (clean, fast code is a must) and in data-warehousing concepts such as star schemas, slowly changing dimensions, ELT/ETL, and MPP databases
- Experience in transforming flawed/changing data into consistent, trustworthy datasets, and in developing DAGs to batch-process millions of records
- Experience with general-purpose programming (e.g. Python, Go, Java), dealing with a variety of data structures, algorithms, and serialization formats
- Advanced ability to build reports and dashboards with BI tools (such as Looker and Tableau)
- Proficiency with Git (or similar version control) and CI/CD best practices
- Experience in managing workflows using Agile practices
- Ability to write clear, concise documentation, and to communicate generally with a high degree of precision
- Ability to solve ambiguous problems independently
- Ability to manage multiple projects and time constraints simultaneously
- Care for the quality of the input data and how the processed data is ultimately interpreted and used
But Wait, There’s More!
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.