Note to applicants: remote in the US is ok, except Colorado
Who we are*
Albert is a new type of financial service that uses powerful technology to automate your finances, with a team of human experts to guide you. Albert saves and invests automatically for you, helps you avoid overdrafts, finds savings you’re missing, identifies bills you’re overpaying, and much more. Text Albert a financial question, and our geniuses won’t just offer guidance — they’ll help you take action.
We're an LA-based startup with a proven business model, backed by top-tier institutional investors and with nearly 6 million users who have trusted Albert to help them achieve their financial goals. We're on a mission to democratize money management through our simple, beautifully designed product, and we're looking for thoughtful, talented people to join us on our journey.
About the role*
Our Staff Software Engineers help us deliver on our mission by producing high quality code and outstanding user experiences. As a key member of our team, you’ll own projects and products from ideation to rollout, and beyond.Things You're Good At
- Ownership: Dive in and take ownership of the front-to-backend stack and develop great products that you are proud of every day.
- Architecture: Completing tasks is important. Completing tasks in a way that anticipates the scope of our ambitions is equally important.
- Organization: Work across various layers of our company in an inspired, efficient way.
- Prioritization: Prioritize initiatives to demonstrate alignment with our business strategy and value propositions. Communicate priorities and drive consensus on the path forward.
- Collaboration: We bring out the best in each other. We're looking for people who will bring out the best in all of us.
- Primarily responsible for our backend systems
- Produce high quality, clean, tested, well-documented and maintainable code that allows us to scale
- Improve, optimize, troubleshoot, test and maintain our codebase
- Work on new features and projects
- Follow and help improve our engineering processes and standards
- Work cross-functionally to support the successful implementation of all features
- Monitor and fine-tune our systems for optimal performance
- 8+ years of full stack or backend engineering—preferably in technology startups
- Bachelor's Degree; Graduate Degree a plus
- Versed in Python, Django, Celery, Postgres, Redis, RabbitMQ, Heroku, AWS, Linux
- Understanding of Kotlin and Swift a plus
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Daily meals provided
- Monthly wellness stipend
- 401k match
Job Applicants California Privacy Notice*
This California Privacy Notice applies to personal information of California job applicants that Albert collects and processes as it relates to the submission of a job application.
Job Type: Full-time