We are Lettuce Grow (http://www.lettucegrow.com/) - a dynamic direct-to-consumer company at the intersection of ag-tech and sustainable food. Together with our parent company, The Farm Project (a Public Benefit Corporation), we are working on creating a new food system. We believe that the future of food lies in empowering thriving, localized food economies that benefit the health of the people, the planet, and the communities around us. Our mission is to empower everyone to grow at least 20% of their own food.
include, but are not limited to, the following:
Required Technical Knowledge
- Develop front-end functionality for the company's DTC website
- Collaborate with UI/UX Designers, Back End Developers, Product Managers, and QA to refine and improve the user experience across common platforms (e.g., laptops, smartphones, tablets, desktops, etc.
- Work with QA to identify and resolve problems with construction and functioning of the website
Experience and Qualifications
Strong command over HTML, CSS, JS, and understanding of the best practices
- 3 years - Advanced CSS
- 3 years - HTML5 techniques
- 2 years - React.js
- Experience with Gatsby a plus
- Git, JIRA and related technologies
- Flux architecture concepts and experience with Flux implementations like Alt, Redux, etc.
- CSS preprocessors like LESS, SASS
- RESTful design concepts, design by contract, and JSON-pure APIs
- Build tools such as Webpack, Browserify, and/or Gulp
- Node.js, yarn, npm and related technologies
Why Work at Lettuce Grow (http://www.lettucegrow.com)?
- Experience with iterative/test driven development, code refactoring and continuous integration
- Experience with client side testing tools like Jest, Mocha, Chai, Sinon, or Jasmine, etc.
- Knowledge of browser quirks and can develop/optimize across different browsers
- Passionate about learning new technologies and adapting to complex and fast moving environments
- SDLC Processes
- Critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Passion for making a positive impact on the world!
You'll join a team of seasoned entrepreneurs who know what it takes to be successful. And you'll make a difference as an integral part of an organization that is changing the world by supporting a profitable, sustainable local food system.