Our TV platform organization is focused on helping engineers around the world deploy the Netflix application quickly, with the highest levels of quality. We do this by creating SW, HW tools and services that rapidly bring the Netflix experience to new platforms and architectures like smart TVs, set-top boxes, and streaming sticks in a way that brings joy to our viewers.
The products created by this team are used by all the major smart TV and set-top-box device manufacturers like Samsung, Sony, Google, and Amazon
around the world that result in enabling hundreds of millions of devices worldwide to play Netflix.
About the Team
The Audio Video (AV) Test & Tools team focuses on developing automation tools to enable device audio/video quality characterization at scale for the diverse device ecosystem. Through the use of our tools and testing automation, both external partner developers and internal Netflix engineers can ensure the device is delivering the best possible Netflix experiences. Our team works with 3rd party manufacturers to develop platforms that enable audio/video capture over HDMI and sensors measuring playback performance.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer
to drive innovation in the device automation space to enable new engineering
solutions for a wide spectrum of functions ranging from initial device integration with Netflix to validating new TV user experiences. In this role, you will experiment with new ideas with stunning colleagues across different domains such as gaming, UI design
, security and encoding.
- Build Audio/Video automation tools with our purpose-built hardware (Eye Patch is an example) to enable solutions inside and outside Netflix at scale
- Leverage in-house data solutions to operationalize the AV data metric pipeline for insight exploration
- Develop and maintain AV automated tests to objectively measure and validate the device AV capabilities for the Netflix TV application (HDMI - Scaling Netflix Certification tells you how we approach some of the challenges)
- Implement new applications from ideation to product roll out through iterative experimentation with stakeholders in an agile manner
- Operate in a cross-functional environment where you can learn from other AV subject matter experts and drive multiple teams to achieve common quality goals
- 4+ years of experience in a software development role shipping products.
- Experience with microcontrollers, Teensy, AVR, IOT, protocols (SPI, I2C, I2S).
- Experience with video streaming applications or multimedia framework (e.g. ffmpeg, Gstreamer).
- Ability to work closely with internal stakeholders and external vendors to understand and leverage their software framework/components/service to build solutions.
- Outstanding communicator who is curious, flexible, and selfless. Be a maker at heart.