The candidate chosen for this role will work alongside team members in an agile
environment and apply technical, analytical and communication skills towards supporting and maintaining high quality database driven web and Windows based applications using .NET and the Microsoft technology
The candidate will support and maintain the statewide enterprise application (about 5,000+ user) for the Georgia Department of Transportation. This application is known as GEARS.
GEARS is a public safety application used by law enforcement agencies in Georgia to manage the electronic capture of police reports (collision and citation) while helping agencies in data analysis and predictive policing.
- New development utilizing technologies MVC, C#, Linq, jQuery, and Entity Framework
- Advanced knowledge of html and CSS a plus
- Familiarity of industry best practices — code coverage.
- Basic knowledge of data manipulation languages.
- Knowledge of data storage subsystems.
- Knowledge of test-driven development.
- Ability and desire to learn new processes and technologies.
- Basic oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work with simple data models.
- Experience in agile methods such as Scrum/XP, Test Driven Development, and Continuous Delivery.
- Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of system components of moderate complexity.
- Complete simple bug fixes.
- Work closely with other development team members to understand product requirements and translate them into software designs.
- Operate in various development environments (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) while collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Resolve technical issues as necessary.
- Keep abreast of new technology developments.
- All other duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran
status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran
needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact [email protected]
or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on
Please read our