Are you looking for an opportunity to not just develop software, but to build highly visible systems that will have positive impacts across a variety of clients? As a Software Engineer, you can solve a problem with a complete end-to-end solution in a fast-paced, agile environment. We're looking for an engineer with the skills needed to build cutting-edge solutions from vision to production-ready system.
This role is more than just coding. We need an experienced Software Engineer who will use their passion to guide a development team to learn new tools and techniques, identify and implement system improvements, and mentor teammates. Using Agile methodologies, modern languages and frameworks, cloud technologies, and microservice-based approaches, you'll work with the development team to build innovative, complex systems. You'll analyze the needs and the environment to make sure the solution you're developing considers the current architecture and operating environment, as well as future functionality and enhancements. Join us as we build systems to change our clients for the better. This position is open to remote delivery anywhere within the U.S., to include the District of Columbia.
Empower change with us. You Have:
Nice to Have:
- 4+ years of experience with software development
- Experience with backend languages and frameworks including Java, Python, Node.js, .NET, or SQL/NoSQL
- Experience with version control systems, including git
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with front-end user interface development, including translating requirements into code and implementing mockups
- Experience with HTML/CSS, including cross-browser compatibility, responsive web design, CSS preprocessors such as Sass or LESS, or frameworks and libraries such as Bootstrap, Foundation, or the US Web Design System
- Experience with cloud-computing services, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure
- Experience with Agile practices
- Experience in mobile application development
- Experience with Docker
- Knowledge of Section 508 compliance
- Possession of excellent critical thinking skills
- Possession of excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Possession of excellent interpersonal, team, and relationship-building skills
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Compensation:
The proposed salary range for this position in Colorado is $120,000.00 to $140,000.00. Final salary will be determined based on various factors.
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choice, and support your total well-being. Our comprehensive benefit offerings include healthcare, retirement plan, insurance programs, commuter program, employee assistance program, paid and unpaid leave programs, education assistance, and childcare benefits. Build Your Career:
A challenging and dynamic work environment isn’t all we have to offer. When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have access to:
- experts in virtually every field
- a culture that focuses on supporting our employees
- opportunities that provide stability while offering variety
You’ll also be exposed to a wealth of training resources through our Digital University, an online learning portal featuring more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, onsite boot camps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.