Job Description: The Role
FBT Middleware Engineering and Governance (MEG) group is seeking a Senior Software Engineer.
The position will encompass a range of tasks working on the Fidelity Brokerage Technology Platform Engineering team and will be responsible for supporting, designing, developing and testing of highly scalable Java based components that integrate with WebSphere Application server, MQ Series, Spring boot, AWS EKS along with integration into frontend using Angular. The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- Solid grasp of Distributed Technology with a minimum of 5 years development experience in Java/J2EE/Spring Framework/Object Oriented).
- Proven track record in multithreading application development.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience using WebSphere products such as IBM MQ (8 or higher), WebSphere Application Server (8.5 or higher).
- Proven track record using WebSphere Platforms across multiple platforms (UNIX required, zLinux, / Z/OS desirable).
- Minimum 2 years of experience developing on AWS using AWS technologies AWS EKS, S3, ALB, EC2, VPC, etc.
- Architecting on AWS certification is a plus.
- 2 years of Angular development experience a plus.
- Proven experience with code integration tools such as Bitbucket and Stash.
- Validated work experience with supporting applications that use J2EE, EJB, JSP, XML, DHTML, JMS, SOAP, REST, Web Services, Spring boot, Unix, Linux.
- Experience with JIRA, Jenkins, U-Deploy and Concourse.
- Development experience using Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Must have a sound appreciation of integration concepts, for example, ESB, EAI, SOA.
- Superb communication and team working skills.
- Minimum 3 years of hands on experience with development using relational database- preferably Oracle or DB2.
- Must have experience working with PL/SQL in a Java development environment required.
- Ability to work independently when required, add details to specifications, perform analysis to make sure end objective will be accomplished, etc.
MEG group is a dynamic group that handles middleware development and engineering solutions for Fidelity spanning all business units. MEG group develops services, frameworks and sites to manage these solutions, as well as provides application monitors of these solutions for our customers.
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients.
We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
As a result of COVID-19, many of our associates are continuing to work remotely. When Fidelity employees eventually return to the office, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling “Dynamic Working.”
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099
, prompt 2, option 3.