The Data, Algorithms, Technology, and Analytics (D.A.T.A.) team, part of the Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) division of The Walt Disney Company (TWDC), is charged with developing and managing a single customer data platform that supports all TWDC stakeholders. The platform provides a unified, trusted, highly secure 360-degree view of the consumer, and systems to drive personalization and content recommendation. Consumer data includes user registration, identity management, engagement, and ad impression data.
The Data Collection Framework (DCF) team is the part of D.A.T.A responsible for collecting usage data from DMED digital properties, with users’ express consent. Data is normalized at the time of collection for packaged delivery to downstream consumers for journey analysis, test, advertising, identity management, personalization, and content recommendation. The DCF collaborates daily with members of the privacy, legal, security, and brand management teams from across TWDC. Responsibilities :
The Data Product Manager (DPM) for Onboarding & Sustainment Product Support uses their extensive Front-End and Data Engineering experience to write, maintain, and conceptualize coding and data solutions. The primary objective of this role is to streamline the collection, standardization, enhancement, and delivery of data streams from digital assets on all platforms to a multiplicity of data consumers.
The Product Support DPM role is detail-intensive, requiring both accuracy and flexibility in the face of changing business priorities and technological capabilities. The final candidate will be able to work seamlessly with other stakeholder teams, and act as a thought leader and innovator in the space whose key skill is mapping requirements to functionality.
As the Data Product Manager, you will:
Basic Qualifications :
- Play a critical role in operating the Ensighten TMS and Privacy modules. Participate in the planning, specification, and deployment of DCF releases on the Web platform. Take responsibility for the execution of these releases on the Ensighten platform.
- Create and maintain code, structures, and applications used by the DCF, including the development and management of products that improve stakeholders’ understanding of consumer data collection health.
- Develop intimate understanding of data compliance and build relevant products to convey data compliance standards to cross-functional stakeholders.
- Application development in both the Windows Server and AWS Lambda environments.
- Ability to test and evaluate API usage in Postman.
- Design and Specification experience in a Fortune 500 setting.
- Proven ability to write effective system and process documentation, including data mappings and business and system requirements. Working knowledge of version control systems.
- Demonstrated understanding of multiple software development life cycle models including Agile/Scrum, Waterfall, Kanban methodologies
- Expertise with program management, analysis and reporting tools including Jira/Confluence and Smartsheet
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, across all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects or programs
- Experience in digital consumer products and platforms preferred