At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design
. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology
and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an Associate Developer
at IBM, you’ll work with clients to co-create solutions to major real-world challenges by using best practice technologies, tools, techniques, and products to translate system requirements into the design
and development of customized systems. In your role, you will be responsible for:
- Working across system architecture to design, develop, and support high quality, scalable products and interfaces for our clients
- Employing IBM's Design Thinking to create products that provide a great user experience along with high performance, security, quality, and stability
- Working with a variety of databases (SQL, Postgres, DB2, MongoDB), operating systems (Linux, Windows, iOS, Android), and modern UI frameworks (Backbone.js, AngularJS, React, Ember.js, Bootstrap, and jQuery)
- Creating everything from mockups and UI components to algorithms and data structures as you deliver a viable product
We have a number of positions open in these locations:
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Atlanta, GA
- Cambridge, MA
- Chicago, IL
- Dallas, TX
- Houston, TX
- New York, NY
- San Francisco, CA
- Washington, DC
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Exposure to working with Java to implement server-side or application logic, develop databases, and/or design architectures
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and work effectively with individuals, strengthening relationships to achieve win-win solutions
- Ability to communicate complex situations clearly and simply by listening actively and conveying difficult messages in a positive manner
- Initiative to actively seek new knowledge and improve skills
- Exposure or interest in Design Thinking and Agile development methodology
- Exposure to Cloud – AWS, Azure, Google Could or IBM Cloud
- A passion for innovative ideas, coupled with the ability to understand and assimilate different points of view
IBM Consulting is IBM’s consulting and global professional services business
, with market leading capabilities in business
transformation. With deep expertise in many industries, we offer strategy, experience, technology
, and operations
services to many of the most innovative
and valuable companies in the world. Our people are focused on accelerating our clients’ businesses through the power of collaboration. We believe in the power of technology
responsibly used to help people, partners and the planet.
This job requires you to provide your COVID-19
vaccination status with supporting documentation, where legally permissible.
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance
, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM's learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran
status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.