We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a
culture of inclusion
for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business
Principal Software Development Engineer
Mastercard is a global technology
company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Mastercard is looking for a talented Principal Software Development Engineer
to join the Mastercard Blockchain
and Digital Assets engineering
team. In this role you will be part of a highly agile
team building exciting and innovative
products using multiple Blockchain technology
and components delivered at scale to global markets.
Our team is built on a foundation of research and development, innovation mentality, thinking through new product
lines using Blockchain
/ Distributed ledger technology
, managing new products from inception to market validation and engaging strategically with start-ups to shape the future of commerce within the digital assets space with and for our customers. At Mastercard you will help define the future of commerce globally.
This team will have a major focus on adopting Blockchain technology
to bring innovative
payment solutions to market.
- This role involves working with a team of talented developers to develop high performance Java based solutions.
- Responsible for the analysis, design, and development of software solutions
- Provides technical leadership to projects including architecting and creating a low-level design, working with other software engineers to drive the detailed design and implementation of highly complex applications, interfaces and integrations
- Applies technical capabilities within own discipline to coach and develop more junior software engineers
- Integrates at an enterprise level using third-party middleware or messaging products, or by designing and implementing custom interfaces and mapping for those interfaces
- Responsible for performance engineering of software solutions in scope, and providing functional guidance, advice, and/or training to team members
- Researches and evaluates tools and acquisition opportunities to support cross-domain needs
- Focuses on using our Blockchain tech stack(s) to solve well-known problems or opportunities within payment and adjacent industries
- Drives and fully participates hands-on in the product life-cycle execution; from idea generation to implementation to market assessment to early stage commercialization.
- Scopes, develops, delivers, tests and iterates new innovative solutions
- Liaises with technology, regional and commercial teams to execute.
All About You:
- Loves creating innovative solutions to problems in a collaborative fun environment
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of modern software engineering concepts and methodologies
- Passionate about code quality and coding best practices
- Show initiative and demonstrate a willingness to take on challenging opportunities
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and strong collaboration skills
- Must be driven, highly motivated and a strong team-player
- Interested in mentoring and helping grow the skills of the next generation of software developers
- Proficiency with Java JDK 8 or greater.
- Knowledge of Tomcat, Spring, Spring Boot, Shell Scripting, JSON.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes or other container orchestration solutions.
- Expertise in Junit or other automated unit testing frameworks.
- Knowledge of CI/CD principles and tools such as Jenkins, Gradle, Maven.
- Experience with a UI framework such as Angular a plus
- Extensive experience with Blockchain protocols such as Ethereum and smart contract language such as Solidity ; deep experience in using these technology to design and create products , platforms and networks of scale
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19
will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact [email protected]
and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.