Senior Software Engineer
Change Healthcare is a leading healthcare technology company with a mission to inspire a better healthcare system. We deliver innovative solutions to patients, hospitals, and insurance companies to improve clinical decision making, simplify financial processes, and enable better patient experiences to improve lives and support healthier communities.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Fully Remote - U.S.
We are seeking a Sr. Software Engineer to become part of a highly skilled and motivated enterprise engineering team focused on delivering highly scalable and available technology solutions across the entire enterprise. The primary focus of this new team member will be to help lead the design and building of the go-forward solution for Customer Identity Access Management (CIAM). This includes implementing third party applications, building integration layers and micro-services using multiple languages, and creating the “on ramps” for existing applications to adopt CIAM.
The ideal candidate should be an expert in IAM technologies and software engineering using multiple languages such as Node.js, React.js and Java. We are looking for a problem solver that has a passion for building high quality technology solutions with a focus on thoughtful design and a keen attention to detail.
- Overall 8+ years Software Development experience in an Agile environment.
- Designed, developed, and deployed production applications in multiple programming languages specifically Node.js.
- Experience in full-stack development using technologies such as React.js, Flux / ReFlux, React Router, JSX and Webpack.
- Experience using NoSQL database technologies such as CouchDB, MongoDB, RavenDB, or DynamoDB.
- Experience in relational database technologies such as MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL, or Amazon Aurora.
- Expert in developing and deploying applications for both Linux and Windows environments.
- Strong experience in developing RESTful APIs intended for first and third parties.
- Knowledge in API documenters such as Swagger, Apariy, and RAML.
- Strong TDD/BDD skills with experience in testing frameworks such as Mocha, Jasmin, JUnit, NUnit, and MSTest.
- Strong understanding of HTTP caching strategies, SSL, DNS and load balancing strategies.
- Pluses for Amazon AWS, Lambda, API Gateways, Serverless Architecture, Mobil Development, Information Security and Docker.
- Knowledge of Atlassian toolset highly preferred.
- Prior experience in healthcare industry highly preferred.
Preferred IAM Qualifications:
- Designed & developed solutions that utilized OAuth 2.0 workflows including Authorization Grant, Implicit Grant, Resource Owner Credentials Grant, and Refresh Token Grant.
- Knowledge in JWT and SAML 2.0 & 3.0 tokens.
- Developed solutions for automating directory management using SCIM.
- Worked with at least one of the major Identity Providers such as Auth0, Azure AD, Ping Identity, or AWS Cognito.
- Strong understanding of the different MFA types and techniques.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
General office demands
- Flexible work environments
- Ready, Set, Grow Career Development Center & access to Change Healthcare University for continuous professional learning & development with more than 5,000 training assets
- Volunteer days, employee giving and matching gifts programs, community awards and dollars for doers, community partnerships
- Employee wellbeing programs and generous health plans
- Educational assistance programs
- US 401(k) or Group RRSP (Canada) savings plans with matching employer contributions
- Be sure to ask our Talent Advisors for more information on location specific benefits and paid time off policies
- Learn more at https://careers.changehealthcare.com
- Eligibility for some benefits may be limited or not available for part-time employees, be sure to speak with your Talent Advisor.
Feeling Inspired? Ready to #MakeAChange? Apply today! COVID Vaccination Requirements
- At Change Healthcare, we include all. We celebrate diversity and inclusivity, respect each other and value our unique experiences. By being our authentic selves, we bring different perspectives into our work and relationships.
- Business Resource Groups (BRGs) play a central role in advancing diversity and inclusion at Change Healthcare. They deepen our understanding of different cultures, people, and experiences, and help foster an inclusive workplace. Change offers eight (8) BRGs. Learn more at https://careers.changehealthcare.com/diversity
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and, when job-related and consistent with business necessity, we may require periodic testing for certain roles. Some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law
at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]
with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.