About the Role:
In this role you will be one of the first engineers focusing on automated testing at ActionIQ. You will be at the core of the QA team, building test frameworks and infrastructure required for successful testing of our platform and its parts. You will be partnering with embedded QA Engineers and engineering teams in order to design and implement test automation solutions for them, including test data generation, mocking and CI/CD integration. Supported by other QA Engineers and the rest of the engineering organization, you will play an integral part in helping us shift testing left in our SDLC and finding the right tools for it.
About the Team:
The QA Team at ActionIQ is in a unique position to define quality standards across the company and provide guidance to engineers on how to meet these standards. As a team, we are aspiring to implement multi-layered test strategy, transform the release process and promote quality centered engineering culture. We strive to incorporate best testing and test automation practices, optimize work processes and enhance tools.
You will be working shoulder to shoulder with other QA and software engineers to design, implement and maintain frontend focused test automation frameworks to help test a customer outreach platform that powers hundreds of marketing campaigns every day. You'll join a team where we support our teammates, help them grow, and encourage each other to keep a healthy work-life balance.
One year from now you will have:
- Partnered with engineering teams working on frontend features and identified the best tool(s) for their test automation needs
- Designed and built frameworks, infrastructure and initial test coverage for automated testing of frontend, including mocks and API integrations
- Worked alongside talented and driven polyglot engineers, helping them to incorporate frontend test automation into SDLC and CI/CD
- Learned the ins and outs of our platform and mastered assessing risks, understanding dependencies, tracking down and communicating issues
- Influenced engineering practices and contributed to the building of testing infrastructure used by multiple teams
- Enjoyed many Wednesday lunches with coworkers from across the company
What you bring to ActionIQ:
- Turn Cypress POC into a fully functional, reusable and CI/CD friendly framework
- Enable software engineers to maintain and extend automated test coverage by coaching them and introducing coverage metrics when necessary
- Contribute to modernizing release process, building CI/CD pipelines and defining on-demand test environments
- Partner with other QA engineers to establish a company wide culture of defect prevention
- Extend and improve test automation framework(s) as needed to ensure reusability
- 4+ years of experience in Automation testing with Cypress, REST APIs, mocking
- Strong hands on experience with Cypress
- Coding skills and following source control best practices
- Experience with framework setup from scratch and test data generation
- Strong knowledge and passion for testing methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience investigating and debugging difficult problems, utilizing DB queries and reading through logs
- Aspiration to contribute to bug prevention and testability across the platform
- Being comfortable and excited about Agile startup culture
Nice to have:
Our work is broad and complex in nature - please don't rule yourself out if you do not meet every requirement.
- Experience defining dynamic test environments for CI/CD
- Exposure to various test automation solutions from front end UI to API to backend
- Basic knowledge of cloud infrastructure and containers
- Experience with Jenkins, MySQL, JIRA, TestRail, big data
ActionIQ is committed to building an inclusive, equitable, and diverse organization. We embrace equal opportunity for all applicants and seek to foster a culture of belonging for our employees. We recognize and appreciate that the more inclusive we are, the better we will function as a team. AIQ welcomes qualified applicants of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or family status, disability, military veteran status, and any other status or background. Join us on our journey to build a product that will help our customers deliver memorable experiences that will drive loyalty and growth.
- Work with a fun, inclusive, and smart team of people as we build a NYC-based enterprise software company!
- Competitive compensation package, including significant equity component
- Backed by top-tier VCs (Sequoia, Andreessen Horowitz, FirstMark Capital)
- Top notch health insurance benefits, including 12 weeks paid parental leave for both parents.
- We have officially opened a beautiful new office right on Madison Square Park! All NYC-based employees currently have the option to return to the office 3 days per week on an "opt-in" basis. We plan to officially reopen our office in the beginning of 2022.
- Check out our latest blog post here to learn how we designed our return to work plans.
- Work from Home stipend to optimize office set up.