Jervis B. Webb Company is a subsidiary of Daifuku North America Holding Company (daifukuna.com), a group company of Daifuku in Japan - the largest material handling company in the world. Our advanced systems move everything from car bodies at auto plants to luggage at airports to packaged goods at warehouses. We are known as experts in engineering, manufacturing and servicing innovative automated materials handling systems including conveyors, automatic guided vehicles, automated storage & retrieval systems, and integrated controls.
The company is currently seeking an experienced Software Developer (AGV).
Software Developer, Automated Guided Vehicle Engineering
Position Summary/ Primary Purpose
Reports to the Software Engineering Manager and works as a member of a small (approx 2 to 4 person) project team. Works, as directed, on the research, design, development, and testing of computer systems-level software and network distribution software for Automated Guided Vehicle (AGV) applications. Authors and reviews operational specifications, formulates, and analyzes software requirements. The Software Developer applies principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis to software development.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for the design, development and testing of C++ computer applications on Microsoft .NET platforms and Windows based computer systems using the Microsoft Visual Studio suite of development tools.
- Work with project team members and with other technical departments in the design, development, testing and deployment of Automated Guided Vehicle (AGV) for the manufacturing industry.
- Assist in the production and review the related product/project documentation for both internal and external use.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed to meet product/project goals.
- Meet timelines to ensure projects stay on schedule and on budget.
Broad Knowledge as Follows (Basic/Preferred)
- 5+ years of extensive C, C++ and .NET development.
- 2+ years of developing with MS SQL Server.
- Ability to understand, modify, and support C++ applications.
- Superior knowledge of Visual Studio, and Windows 7/8, Windows Server 2008/2012
- Industrial automation (PLC or OPC) experience is a plus.
Skills & Abilities as Follows (Basic/Preferred)
- Good working knowledge of current Microsoft Office products
- Ability to travel up to 20%, annually.
- Occasionally, working extended hours, weekends, and holidays in support of customers. Customer sites are located throughout the country; the selected candidate will need to travel for commissioning and on-site engineering tasks that cannot be accomplished from our office. On occasion, off-shift work may be necessary to support commissioning efforts.
- Time Management — Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Service Orientation — Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Coordination — Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of you, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Verbal and Written Expression and Recognition — The ability to listen to, understand and communicate information and ideas presented through spoken or written words and sentences.
- Information Ordering — The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
- Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
Education & Experience
- BS-CS/CE, or relevant technical degree, or equivalent relevant work experience
- Microsoft.NET, DB certification(s) strongly preferred
Demonstrated Physical Abilities as Follows: remain stationary for 50% of the time; move/traverse throughout the office to access file cabinets and office equipment; operate a computer and other productivity machinery; inspect documents; communicate with others through talking/hearing; read/identify/assess forms and correspondence
Jervis B. Webb Company is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and federal sub/contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, gender, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or medical condition.
Jervis B. Webb offers an excellent compensation package including great benefits such as excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance, paid vacation time, paid sick time, and paid holidays, 401K, Flexible Spending Programs, and more
At this time our company only receives applications online. If you need assistance applying online to this position, please call 248-553-1233
and leave a message and your call will be returned.