Rx Savings Solutions has an exciting opportunity for a Senior level Software Engineer to join our AdminRx Team. As a member of this team, you will help maintain, enhance and support our internal and external facing AdminRx portal tool which is critical in scaling our solution. While this is a full-stack role, it is backend-focused due to the nature of the application.
As an experienced Senior Software Engineer, you will help mentor and coach other Software Engineers on the team to ensure best practices as well as writing designs and architectures for new features to implement in our automated implementation tool.
Check out what our CTO shares about the personal growth opportunities and impactful work as an Engineer on our team: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52P-A-pZYw4
Our office is located in the Kansas City area, however, we offer hybrid and 100% remote work options.
Essential Functions / Job Duties:
- Design, develop, and maintain software components.
- Document software projects that are being developed actively.
- Develop knowledge of the assigned team, technologies, development processes, and ecosystem.
- Participate in code reviews and identify basic issues or deviations from best practices.
- Mentor junior team members by providing them with feedback on best practices and debugging tips.
- Test the developed service, performing unit testing and functional testing.
- Maintain technical knowledge through training or other measures.
- Perform other duties as reasonably requested by management.
- Communicate with stakeholders of different backgrounds and skill levels.
- Handle tasks, projects, and priorities in a fast-paced environment using your effective time management, organizational, prioritization, and planning skills.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree, with an emphasis in Computer Science/Information Systems OR Equivalent professional experience.
- 4+ years of proven experience as an Enterprise Web Developer
- Hands-on experience with object-oriented programming.
- Skills in building SQL schema designs, and REST API designs.
- Familiarity with MVC and fundamental design principles.
- Proficiency with software testing using PHPUnit (or any other TDD/BDD testing framework).
- An expert practitioner of Google-Fu.
- A basic understanding of version control (git).
Nice to haves…
- Experience with MySQL and RDBMS best practices.
- Experience with Vue.js or another similar front-end framework.
- Some experience with AWS.