PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients. Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients' businesses.
Building on some exciting developments in sensing, analytics, and the internet of things (IoT), we have exciting new opportunities for key engineering roles to support Fibridge, a new partnership between VicTrack and Xerox, based in Melbourne, Australia. You will take on the engineering responsibilities of an agile initiative, playing key hands-on technical roles to rollout/deploy and bring an innovative optical sensing-based health monitoring solution to market for transportation structures. The technology employs cutting-edge optical sensors, structural models, and advanced analytics to help customers optimize and manage critical structural assets through the IoT. A case study with details is available at https://www.parc.com/case-study/transforming-bridge-maintenance-asset-management-with-iiot-system-analytics/
We are currently in late-stage customer trials and are looking to build a dynamic, collaborative team to get the technology ready to scale, harden the technology components, streamline the modeling/analytics pipeline, organize QA/testing, and help create the vision for the product platform. These roles have some unique benefits: the “ownership” that comes with being in a startup environment, the stability of two large established organizations backing it, significant market traction among clients and prospects, and the opportunity to collaborate with world-class technical talent.
- Mentoring, coaching, and empowering the team by giving them the skills, confidence, and motivation to make decisions independently that lead to their personal and professional success and enable them to become technical leaders.
- Help the individuals on your team to build and execute personal development plans that align with Twitter’s goals and objectives and understand how their work fits into the bigger picture.
- Lead Engineers in FiBridge offices in the US, Australia, and remotely.
- Take an active role in driving and evolving the roadmap for the team and Frontend Org.
- Drive cross-team and cross-org alignment around User Experience between Product, Platform, and Infrastructure engineering teams.
- Partner with other Engineering Managers to achieve User Experience outcomes for their services.
- Participate in deep technical design discussions within your team, and across partner teams, and ensure that we're building the right systems and keeping the quality high.
- Build out the Frontend Org. from the ground up.
- A minimum of 5+ years of hands-on professional work experience
- Previous experience in a lead/engineering manager role.
- Experience with web front end technology for dashboard integration (e.g., React, Angular)
- Experience with CSS Preprocessors (Sass, LESS)
- Experience with NoSQL databases, time series databases a plus
- Object-oriented programming proficiency, especially Python, Node.js / Typescript.
- Solid development practices, attention to detail, design and quality
- The ability to write modern, testable and maintainable code
- A desire to learn new technologies and concepts
- Communication, writing and organizational skills
- Knowledge of continuous integration and automated testing is a plus
- Experience working in an agile team
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity or expression, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. Learn more at www.xerox.com and explore our commitment to diversity and inclusion! People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to [email protected] Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
© 2020 Xerox Corporation. All rights reserved. Xerox® and Xerox and Design® are trademarks of Xerox Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.