Miso Robotics is transforming the restaurant industry and making a real impact on the world. We've developed a robotic kitchen assistant, Flippy, that can perform a variety of kitchen tasks including flipping burgers and running the deep fryer. Our product is a robotic arm on a rail that fits into existing kitchens along existing cook lines and is designed to work with existing equipment alongside kitchen workers. Under the hood, Flippy relies on our platform which combines deep learning and other computer vision technologies with optimization-based scheduling and nonlinear control to adapt quickly to a variety of kitchen workflows, while achieving graceful and efficient motion.
The challenge of bringing robotics into commercial kitchens requires many disciplines to come together. The compositions of teams at Miso Robotics reflect this multidisciplinary nature of our work. We have built a world-class team and we are looking for more exceptional people to join us. If you believe, like we do, that the future of the kitchen involves robotics and artificial intelligence (HINT: It definitely does) and if you want to count yourself among the handful of lucky people who've found themselves with the opportunity to solve this problem, then Miso Robotics might be the right place for you!
- We live with a TEAM mindset - we win together. Individual performance serves the bigger goal of working as a team.
- We are easy on people, hard on problems. We work relentlessly to solve issues.
- We use Candor - ego has no place here. Always polite and extremely direct.
- We operate with Rigor - superb execution is a core skill.
- We are bought in - each of us is dedicated to the mission.
- Innovation is in our blood - we are intrepid.
- We think big - we’re here to make an impact. Miso plays large ball.
Benefits and Perks We Offer
- Unlimited/Flexible Vacation
- Comprehensive benefits
- 401K plan
- Competitive pay
- Accelerated growth opportunities
- Excellent work culture; just look at our values, that’s who we are!
As the Test Lead Engineering, you will manage the integration and testing function to ensure that all software is thoroughly tested with robots in our test kitchen. You will own all the processes that drive our testing and will define frameworks to automate as much of the testing as possible, both in real-world scenarios as well as simulated environments. You will design test campaigns for software releases and robot deployments, and you will define roadmaps for your team to solve problems through innovative automation while elevating the quality and performance of the integration and testing function. You will collaborate with a talented and diverse organization, including embedded systems developers, mechanical and electrical engineers, as well as machine learning and computer vision experts.
- Manage the system test function. This includes: organizing and maintaining test campaigns, and clearly communicating test progress, test results, test needs, and other relevant information regularly to project stakeholders and management.
- Ensure that test setups (e.g., equipment, cases) consistently and reliably represent conditions at customer sites to enable replication of issues that need testing.
- Develop a test program that leverages test automation for robotic systems.
- Understand the system architecture, oversee the test strategy, provide technical leadership in developing, execution and release activities of system testing.
- Work with the Product Team and Systems Engineers to define manual and automated test methodologies and frameworks compatible with robotic systems.
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of quality assurance best practices.
- Mentor, lead, and coach software test engineers and test technicians.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline, preferably software related (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering) with a minimum of 10 years of software verification experience, or Master's Degree plus 7 years related experience.
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams.
- 1+ years of experience leading teams.
- A strong passion for automating test processes, driving quality upstream, and conveying results from tests in a clear and concise manner.
- Experience working with robotic systems.
- Thorough understanding of creating test protocols for verifying software and system requirements (especially for robotic systems).
- Strong understanding of good documentation practices, various off the shelf test management systems.
- Ability to work with Systems, Mechanical, Electrical and Software engineers when discovering, documenting, and resolving integration issues.
- Aptitude for continuous improvement, identify and implement industry standard software test technology, methods, and tools.
- Well versed in different test development methodologies.
- Experience with test case management tools (e.g., Git, Jira, Xray).
- Familiarity with common programming languages such as ROS, Python, and C++.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and able to solve problems independently.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a team.
- Great at managing multiple tasks and getting stuff done in a fast paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical skills, and focus on output.
- Must be able to work at our HQ location in Pasadena, CA.