& Experience organization works at the intersection of media and technology
. Our innovative
teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering
, network integration and management
tools, and technical standards. We offer a flexible working environment to balance the need to work independently wherever you choose, with days that require collaboration at one of our offices. Our roles primarily reside inside or around one of our Tech Hubs (Philadelphia and surrounding suburbs, Denver, Austin, Silicon Valley, Washington DC/N. Virginia). Some roles can work virtual full-time if they are not near a Tech Hub, but that is dependent upon the needs of the position and amount of collaboration required.
Responsible for planning and designing new software and web applications. Analyzes, tests and assists with the integration of new applications. Documents all development activity. Assists with training non-technical personnel. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
The Content Platform team is part of the Experience Platforms group in Sales Technology and is responsible for the end-to-end architecture of a content platform that comprises various customer and prospective customer interaction channels, most notably xfinity.com. As part of the team, this role will work to continually service and support the CMS (content management system) and its cloud-based infrastructure through, performance optimization, ongoing maintenance, feature enhancements, patching & upgrading, and by providing ongoing tenant and user training and support.
Our mission is to empower our business partners to create and maintain an outstanding ecommerce customer experience with minimal day-to-day dependency on any development teams or deployments.
We work every day to make a positive impact through innovation and support in the pursuit of building an outstanding platform that is embraced by technology and business teams alike.
We’re looking for an Engineer III that will be responsible for
- delivering new software features and web applications.
- analyze, test, and assist with the integration of new applications.
- document all development activity.
- assist with training and support for both technical and non-technical platform consumers.
- Collaborate with front-end designers and back-end developers to analyze and optimize the performance of the platform and tenant applications.
- Evaluate new and emerging technologies for implementation.
- Designs new software and web applications, supports applications under development and customizes current applications. Assists with the software update process for existing applications and roll-outs of software releases.
- Knowledge and active participation with Agile/Scrum delivery methodologies, ceremonies, processes, and tools - review user stories, participate in planning sessions, estimate effort for stories / tasks, etc.
- Build platform and other application prototypes quickly.
- Ensure all deliverables align with standards & best practices for all layers of ASP.NET web applications (client-side, application, back-end service / data stores).
- Contribute to and respond to peer code reviews as needed. Understanding of testing practices: Unit Testing, Integration Testing, End-to-End Functional Testing, Failure testing.
- Actively support all activities relating release preparation through deployment including the resolution of any defects in production.
- Participates in training representatives and operations staff on internally developed software applications.
- Researches, writes and edits documentation and technical requirements, including software designs, evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals and formal recommendations and reports.
- Monitors and evaluates driven applications and products. Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and mentorship with regards to practices, procedures and techniques. Serves as a guide and mentor for junior-level Software Development Engineers.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty. Presents and defends architectural, design and technical choices to internal audiences.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Ability to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as vital.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the capability to explain technical subject matter clearly to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Translate technical designs into high quality code deliverables.
- Hands on development expertise in Microsoft Technologies like C#, .NET, Web API, and .NET Core.
- Developing and testing experience with REST Web Services/APIs, and integrating third party Web Services using JSON/XML.
- Experience or familiarity with Microservices architecture.
- Full stack experience or experience with React front end development.
- Experience with authentication technologies such as SSO and OAuth.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, source control management like Git, multiple development environment merges, etc.
- Strong technical expertise and troubleshooting skills for large scale enterprise systems and software.
- 3+ years building web services Integrating web pages / components and back-end services with Sitecore or other CMS a plus.
- Experience developing service-oriented architectures and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Experience with source control systems (GitHub, SVN, etc.), continuous integration and deployment tools (Jenkins, Concourse CI).
- Back-end / web service technologies – JSON, REST, SOAP, XML
- Experience with Azure or other cloud technologies
- 4+ years working with the full Microsoft technology stack (SQL Server, C#, WCF, ASP.NET) and associated IDE / tools (Visual Studio, TFS).
- 4+ years building high-traffic, public-facing ASP.NET responsive web applications (for desktop and mobile devices).
- Ability to identify / resolve system bottlenecks.
Personal Characteristics :
- Self-motivated and passionate in building a best-in-class product
- Ability to collaborate and communicate sophisticated, technical concepts across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Able to prioritize and complete tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Passion for continuous process and technology improvement
- Strong speaking, writing, collaboration and follow-up skills.
- Experience in Cable / Telecom is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related disciplines; extensive, related experience may be considered in-lieu of degree(s).
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be hard-working learners, users and advocates of our groundbreaking technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new insights!
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth!
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.