Great compensation package!
WAC Lighting celebrates 37 years of consistent, significant growth as a unique “design + build” lighting and technology company. An award-winning industry leader, we boast a stellar reputation of delivering sustainable, responsible lighting fixtures and fans intended to elevate residential, commercial, and hospitality properties, as well as exterior and landscape environments. Our luxurious, specification-grade brands of products keep up with the speed of emerging technology while still maintaining consumer accessibility. WAC Lighting is proud to offer exciting career and professional growth opportunities within a dynamic, energetic, entrepreneurial, and safe workplace for all.Job Description: (
Back End Web Developer) Experienced PHP, MySQL, WordPress Theme and Plugin Development, jQuery, HTML5
WAC Lighting is seeking a Back End Web Developer to work in a collaborative, energetic and entrepreneurial environment located in Port Washington NY. The role is responsible for coding the back end of WordPress and MVC websites for functionality, database architecture, themes and plugins to project specifications. The ideal candidate will be a creative problem solver who can work with our front-end web developers to create functionality from wireframes.
The ideal candidate must be willing to learn and execute new technologies in all aspects of web development including content management systems, testing methodologies, and MVC frameworks. This role communicates with Sales and Marketing business stakeholders and Executive management. The ideal candidate will be able to apply their expertise to many interesting technical problems.Requirements
· Minimum of 4 years experience with web application development using PHP 7+ (including object-oriented PHP) and MySQL.
· 3 years experience with WordPress theme development, plugin development, and the WordPress hook system.
· Data formats including JSON and XML
· Sub-versioning systems including GIT
· Strong team communication skills. Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to E-Commerce applications.
· Understanding of multiple-environment development including dev, staging, QA and production sites/serversA Plus:
· Magento web development and coding
· MVC frameworks
· CSS3 / SASS
· GulpJS, ReactJS, Redux, NextJS
· Testing systems including Cypress.io
· Manual testing on desktop, tablet, and responsive/mobile devices
· Agile/Scrum project management
· Understanding of REST APIs and endpointsWhat You Will Do
- Work as a member of the Web Team collaborating with front and back end developers
- Develop secure, scalable, data-driven web applications
- Test web applications and document automation.
- Design database structures
- Work with Product Managers to Import data, images, documents for sites
- Create administrative reports as needed
- Contribute in all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Drive continuous adoption and integration of relevant new technologies into design
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Port Washington, NY 11050: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Front-end development: 1 year (Preferred)
- CSS: 1 year (Preferred)
- Angular: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location