Requisition ID: R10005323
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Redondo Beach - CA, United States of America
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Test group in Redondo Beach, CA is looking for an experienced Principal Engineer Mechanical - Stress Analyst to perform analysis on wind tunnel models and miscellaneous test structures.Essential Functions:
- The stress analyst is responsible for the detailed Finite Element Modeling and structural analysis of precision and complex test articles and systems that primarily support the acquisition of aerodynamic and propulsion data for development and validation of Northrop Grumman’s advanced air vehicles.
- The test articles range from sub to full scale, focus on one area or the entire vehicle, and test in environments to represent conditions at sea level to high altitudes.
- The stress analyst will not only be responsible for developing the analytical model and performing analysis, but also the documentation, reporting, and presentation of analysis to ensure all components satisfy facility safety requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline from an accredited university with 5 years related engineering experience, or a Master's Degree in STEM with 3 years of related engineering experience, or a PhD in STEM with no experience
- A current active in-scope U.S. Government (DoD) Department of Defense issued Secret or higher security clearance is required to start with the ability to obtain and maintain Special Program Access (SAP/PAR).
- 2+ years relevant job experience performing linear static stress analysis
- Intermediate knowledge of commercial FEA (Finite Element Analysis) software
- Knowledge of classical stress analysis hand calculation & equations
- Strong technical written and communication skills
- CAD experience in both modeling and drafting modules
- Ability and willingness to travel 10% of the time
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- 3+ years relevant job experience performing linear static stress analysis
- Demonstrated proficiency with NASTRAN software
- Demonstrated proficiency with FEMAP or NX CAE software
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office with strong technical writing & interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate and present technical material to various stakeholders
- Experience with wind tunnel models and testing methods
- Basic understanding of material fatigue
- 2+ years NX CAD Design experience
Salary Range: 92000 - 138000
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.