This position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee's role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis.
Digital Data Engineer (Web)
will work as a subject matter expert to define metrics, improve, and support the web customer experience within a sophisticated connected vehicle services ecosystem. You will perform comprehensive analysis, define requirements, detail process steps, support and develop improvement strategies.
- You will work as liaison between technical teams and call center operations to enable successful containment, system improvements and issue resolution.
- Use data analytics to achieve operational excellence.
- Identify integration points in a sophisticated ecosystem to develop metrics and monitors to guarantee our customers receive an outstanding experience and ensure GM maintains a leading position in the connected vehicle space
- You must be a self-starter, results oriented problem solver, always thinks customer first, demonstrates sound communication skills and is motivated by the outstanding opportunity to identify pain points that impact the end-to-end customer experience.
- Proven track record in running key performance indicators to ensure the customer experience is easy, empathetic, and effective across an omni-channel platform.
- Established ability to multi-task, root cause sophisticated issues, drive results and collaborate / influence across all functions is a must.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Define and develop measurement to show customer impact among different channels: web, mobile and call centers
- Gain/exhibit knowledge of web interactions and manage escalated cases regarding its performance.
- Plan and execute the transformation plan according to defined strategy by identifying integration points that impacts end to end customer experience
- Identify and detail our customer journey, their transactions and interactions on the eco-system
- Work closely with Product Owners to understand and clarify customer experience with the purpose of developing agreed upon customer interaction/experience measurements
- Responsible for data analysis and initial triage of issues found in production including post release validation, customer issues
- Submit change request, defects, or tickets to ensure continuous improvement and propose short term solutions to contain issues
- Communicate analysis, results and customer impacts to product owners and stakeholders within the organization
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information technology, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, equivalent Engineering, related degree or equivalent years of work experience.
- 2 to 5 years of demonstrated ability in Data Analytics
- Strong SQL skills, ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and subqueries or views.
- Experience with Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics is a Plus
- Experience working with and creating dashboards using all relevant data to inform decisions.
- Knowledge of Tableau / Power BI Visualization tools / Cognos Analytics
- Proven background with some of the following: Big Data (Hadoop/Teradata), Python, Oracle, Hive, ELK, HUE, basic knowledge about APIs
The median level of salary compensation for this role is 91,326.77 USD Annual
An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance
, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
- Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
- Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
- Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran
status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us [email protected]
or call us at800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.