As a Front-End Engineering Manager, you will report to the VP, Digital Experience. You will manage a team of front-end engineers who will build Mission products and translate UI/UX design mockups to front-end code. You will work with product designers, marketing, and engineers to define how Mission applications look and operate.
This position is 100% remote.
- Manage a team of front-end engineers to execute our overarching product vision and strategy
- Collaborate with Platform Architects to ensure full-stack alignment
- Participate in and manage code review cycles for front-end code; debug code errors, and troubleshoot software issues
- Mentor and oversee product designers through design cycles, from concept to final delivery
- Delegate design tasks and provide support for product designers
- Provide feedback on product designer work; maintain high standards of quality to ensure only the best work is released
- Communicate product concept and desired outcome to entire development team
- Maintain deep understanding of backend architecture and system capabilities to inform improvements in customer experience and functionality
- Understand customer usage results and translate into actionable changes
- Participate in team design sprints, plannings, standups, retrospectives, and code review as part of Agile development
- Own and maintain the design system, keeping up to date with customer feedback, business goals, and best practices
- Participate in recruiting and hiring of product designers and front-end engineers
- Stay in touch with the latest technologies and strategies in design
Perks & Benefits
- 5+ years in a leadership role
- Strong eye for aesthetics and visual details to ensure a quality final product
- Experience building a well thought out and easy to use logged-in control panel/dashboard experience for consumers
- Experience working with REST and GraphQL APIs using UI frameworks such as ReactJS
- Experience with testing frameworks such as Jest, Enzyme, Storybook or equivalent
- Experience turning prototypes into a functional front-end user interface in collaboration with backend developers
- Knowledge of Tailwind framework or similar
- Understanding of accessibility standards
- AWS Cloud Practitioner certification to be achieved within the first year of employment at Mission
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents with options for 100% company paid premiums
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Profit sharing bonuses based on performance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care)
- Life insurance paid by Mission
- Paid time off (Unlimited FlexPTO, parental leave, volunteering time off)
- Inclusive work environment with several Employee Resource Groups
- Fully distributed team with flexible work hours
- Home office furniture & equipment expenses
- Flex stipend for use on cell phone, home internet, wellness, etc. It’s up to you!
- An internal department dedicated to helping team members on their career path
Commitment to Diversity
We are committed to diversity and inclusion. We value every individual’s unique story, experience, and perspective. We aim to amplify the voices of our team members and our community to create a safe, empathetic, and inclusive environment where everyone can contribute one’s authentic self.
Mission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Mission will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with The Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
About Mission Cloud Services
Mission is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Premier Consulting Partner and MSP. Clients depend on us to expertly and securely architect, migrate, manage, and optimize their cloud environments.
Mission’s team of AWS Certified Solutions Architects and DevOps Engineers are ready to help you harness the full power of the AWS cloud to transform your business and operations.
Job Type: Full-time