- 1+ years professional experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, complexity analysis, and design patterns
- Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit/integration/performance testing, and a preference for agile development
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
Machine learning (ML) has been strategic to Amazon from the early years. We are pioneers in areas such as recommendation engines, product search, eCommerce fraud detection, and large-scale optimization of fulfillment center operations.
The Amazon ML Solutions Lab team helps AWS customers accelerate the use of machine learning to solve business and operational challenges and promote innovation in their organization. We are looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive Software Development Engineer with unparalleled knowledge in current development technologies who can thrive in a heterogeneous environment of different languages and technologies. You will work very closely with other engineers, scientists, designers, marketing and product managers from inception through delivery of world class applications and reusable solutions for our customers.
As a Front End Engineer on the team, you will own significant portions of the product and will have significant influence on our strategy by helping define and build the next wave of product features and system architecture. Machine learning systems are complex and there are huge opportunities to work at all levels. You will be a leader on the customer-facing applications team that is building highly interactive applications for our customers. You’ll work across sectors such as insurance, retail, finance, transportation, manufacturing, health care and life sciences, and public sector. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and is passionate about building quality software as well as achieving operational excellence.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Location flexibility: Open to multiple AWS U.S. corporate office locations. This position requires travel of up to 10%.
- Expertise in at least one of the following platforms: React, Angular, Vue
- Proficiency in view layout and rendering technologies (e.g., responsiveness, progressive enhancement, browser/device support). Knows when it is appropriate to make graceful fallbacks
- Understanding of how to optimize the delivery of code and assets (e.g., images, fonts) to a browser or device (e.g., lazy loading assets, using CDNs, caching, compression, etc.)
- Strong design skills around the user experience. Eye for design and attention to detail. Experience with responsive web design
- Familiarity with Frontend design concepts in order to work with UX designers, and able to clearly outline the expectations to backend SDEs
- Ability to apply best practices from functional and object-oriented paradigms
- Experience programming applications backed by AWS services
- Experience establishing and leveraging web analytics
- Experience building reusable UX components or libraries
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.