Senior Front End Developer
The Senior Front-End Developer will work as a key member of the team responsible for building new websites, web applications, design systems, component libraries and evolving our overall technology stack and solutions for clients.
Front End Developers are in charge of developing each screen or page with which a user interacts and ensuring that the UI visually communicates the path that a designer has laid out.
The role will work in partnership with other members of Cronin’s team including the VP of digital, front and back-end developers, project managers, UX designers.
- Build websites and software applications – Follow coding standards, builds appropriate unit tests, integration tests and deployment scripts
- Assist in defining software architectures – Collaborate with leads to explore existing systems, determines areas of complexity, potential risks to successful implementation, learns the applications capabilities
- Follow technical specifications and production processes
- Ensure site speed and performance are considered throughout the build process
- Debug cross-platform, multi-browser issues
- Communicate continually with the client and project teams – Ability to explain technical challenges to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Keep up with major frontend & UX design trends and their implementations
- Own success – Take responsibility for successful delivery of the solution
- Contribute to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to user interface, software architecture or new technologies
Reports to Director, Solutions Architecture.
Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or completion of certificate program
- 4+ years building responsive front-end experiences that meet high standards (design, development, user)
- Self-directed team player who thrives in a changing environment
- Prior experience working within an agency, digital department, or member of a design/development team
- Experience with ADA/508 Compliance
- Understanding of RESTful & GraphQL API Integrations
- Adobe Creative Suite Knowledge
- Sketch, Invision
- Knowledge of code versioning, build and automation tools
- Bonus points for PHP and Laravel
- Experience with NuxtJS, GatsbyJS, or NextJS
- Knowledge of how to integrate front end code into common CMS platforms (Kentico, Drupal, WordPress) and headless CMS platforms (Contentful, Storyblok, Sanity, Strapi, Netlify)
This is an exempt position.
No recruiters please.