Are you interested in building Financial systems that support Amazon's current and future growth? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Does the prospect of working with top Amazon customers get you charged up? If so, Amazon Finance Technology (FinTech) is for you!
The Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) engineering group at FinTech is looking for a Front-end Engineer to develop next generation compliance products that have wide impact across the company.
As a Front End Engineer on the team, you will design and build and operate a new web service at scale, interfacing with teams ranging from customers, UX designers to back-end developers, and delivering the plumbing in-between. Surrounded by world-class technical talent, and building on a pure AWS infrastructure, you will translate user requirements and contribute to front-end code. This is an opportunity to operate and engineer systems on a massive scale, and to gain top-notch experience in cloud computing. You'll be surrounded by people who are incredibly passionate about AWS Technology and our product.
The ideal candidate is passionate about new opportunities and has a strong track record of successfully leading and delivering new features/products. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building scalable software products. This person thrives on delivering high quality technology solutions in a hyper-growth environment.
- Experience with ReactJS, Webpack, TypeScript, and GraphQL
- Experience with web security
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience in communicating with stakeholders, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
- Working knowledge of distributed systems and a willingness to jump in and learn what is happening in the back-end code.
- Experience with user testing
- Can decompose a problem into clear system, API, and UX design actions.
- Passion for operational excellence
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.