Who We Are:
Golden Hippo is an employee-owned, vertically-integrated, highly profitable direct-to-consumer marketer of health, beauty, and pet care brands that collectively generate $1 billion of revenue annually. Our employees are passionate about our mission to create best-in-class products across broadly appealing categories — to help people live their healthiest, happiest lives.
Our A-players are results-driven creative thinkers who like to move fast, get the job done, and have fun doing it. If you love to roll up your sleeves, take on exciting new challenges every day, and drive massive growth, we want to hear from you!
Why Golden Hippo:
Here at Golden Hippo, we work to develop best-in-class products, revolutionary marketing campaigns, and glowing customer experiences. We pride ourselves on our award-winning culture and incredibly diverse workforce. We intentionally strive to cultivate, create, and celebrate a rich, vibrant and inclusive culture of belonging where our employees feel respected and empowered. We also offer:
Award-winning culture… Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company in Los Angeles 2021, Best Teams - Marketing 2021, Best Company - Leadership 2020, and more! Click here to view more.
- Competitive salary & bonus opportunities
- Flexible, remote work arrangements available for most positions
- Highly valuable employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, parental leave, and more)
- Generous matching 401K plan
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
- Highly interactive, challenging work with a talented, diverse, passionate team
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities such as manager and employee development classes, Tuition Assistance Program, book club, film club, webinars, mentorship program, Hippo Talks, and much more
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere
- In-office gym & fitness classes, fully-stocked kitchen, plus regular yoga, meditation breaks, happy hours, and events
Golden Hippo is currently looking for a Front End Developer, Angular
who will be responsible for maintaining web pages, creating new content, graphics and online marketing materials for Golden Hippo while ensuring quality and completeness of web content. This position will be hands-on coding, maintaining templates and creating them from scratch. The role will work closely with Web Design, marketing and Development teams to ensure deliverables are in-line with high brand standards
What Your Day-to-Day Will Look Like:
- Develop web pages/ funnels using Angular best practices
- Develop reusable code and libraries for future use/scaling
- Be able to troubleshoot errors and fix cross browser issues on web pages
- Work with product owners and other team members as appropriate to understand requirements for tasks
- Be able to learn how the company generates revenue and be able to implement company
and network policies and apply them to the angular platform, using best practices and standards
- Responsible for following procedures that adhere to company values and and GHM best practices
- Be able to perform standard software development functions (testing, code review, etc.)
The Best Candidates Will Have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- 3-4 years of experience with Angular 5
- Experience with Ionic 3 or 4 preferred
- Proven experience in developing in cross-browser, cross-platform websites and/or applications
- Advanced skills in Photoshop/Invision, with a strong eye for designing simple, clean and user-friendly websites
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of best practices in web development to protect secure information avoid website and application vulnerabilities
- Proven ability in responsive design for mobile-compatible websites and tools
- Problem-Solving Skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Adaptable and Flexible
- Ability to work independently
- Strategic and forward thinking
Equal Employment Opportunity
Golden Hippo strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, for applicants in Los Angeles, California, and consistent with applicable laws in other areas.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Golden Hippo recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Golden Hippo may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
AL AK AZ AR CA CO CT FL HI ID IL IN KS MA MI MT NV NM NY NC OH OR TN VA TX UT WA Remote