At Teachable, our mission is to enable creators to transform their knowledge into income. Our focus is on driving value for the creators that depend on Teachable to start and grow their businesses, and we’re building an amazing platform and team to support them.
As a Senior Software Engineer (Design System) you will be responsible for collaborating with Design, Engineering, and Product teams to build out the foundation for a product that is used by tens of thousands of creators and millions of students. You’ll constantly assess, organize, and improve, working directly with Product and Engineering to implement our systems across our product. Responsibilities:
- Drive the vision, strategy, and execution of Teachable’s UNI design system
- Be able to use frontend expertise to build and maintain a design system and component library
- Collaborate closely with designers, engineers, and product managers to create beautiful, user-friendly, accessible patterns and components
- Build tooling and create processes to deliver the design system to product teams
- Excellent communicator to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Help define and improve best practices for front-end development throughout the organization
- Establish organizational best practices and guidelines for the Design System’s implementation, adoption, and governance
- Strong understanding of CSS
- Demonstrated expertise in a major reactive web framework (e.g React)
- History with one of the major flux pattern implementations (e.g Redux)
- Experience working in Figma, Storybook, and related tools
- Experience working in a test-driven development environment
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Strong visual eye and experience contributing to design systems
- Experience with Webpack or similar build tools
- Is capable of working remotely, and/or with an overseas partner
- Must be able to communicate in English (verbally and written)
- Passion for building beautiful user interfaces
- Have taken design systems from zero to one, and has worked in design systems at scale
- You are a collaborative team player who’s also capable of working independently
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now part of Hotmart Company, a global tech group focused on the Creator Economy, with over 1,300 employees in 8 countries (Netherlands, USA, Brazil, Spain, Mexico, Colombia, France and UK). Hotmart´s mission is to help creators make a living from their passions, using digital products to entertain, help and instruct their audiences.
Teachable is continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Teachable operates under a hybrid work model, meaning we give our employees the flexibility to work from home or from one of our offices at their leisure.
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Generous Vacation, Personal, and Sick Time
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
$250 Donation Match Program Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Job Type: Full-time