Blueboard is an employee recognition and incentives platform powered by hand-curated experiences. Our platform makes it easy for companies to give meaningful rewards, incentives, and gifts—from one-of-a-kind to once-in-a-lifetime experiences. From a luxurious spa day to a trip around the world to see the Northern Lights to a family adventure behind-the-scenes at a local aquarium, we make it simple for companies to give their top performers memorable, meaningful, and personalized experiences. With Blueboard, employees enjoy incredible experiential rewards, and our clients increase employee engagement and elevate their team cultures.
Born and raised in San Francisco, Blueboard launched in 2014 and now serves hundreds of clients across the world. Our global team is over 200 Blueboarders strong, and we are thrilled to be a Great Place to Work, as well as one of Fortune’s Top 100 Workplaces. We are venture-backed by Greycroft, Origin Ventures, Bullpen Capital and others, with offices in San Francisco, San Diego, and Europe. Learn more at Blueboard.com.
We are building a team rich in diverse talents and experiences, and we welcome all applicants. If you’re not sure whether you’re qualified, but you’re passionate about Blueboard, we encourage you to apply!
The ideal candidate will have experience working at a startup or a similar fast-paced environment. This role is primarily focused on experimental projects with low certainty and potentially high value as well as creating functional design concepts, testing existing designs, and overseeing the implementation of development projects. You may also be spearheading the redesign of existing products. The ideal candidate is excited to have the freedom to shape the direction and implementation of their projects rather than receiving pixel-perfect tickets to work on.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Meeting with business management, marketing, and the R&D (Labs) team to discuss product ideas.
- Working directly with the CTO on prototype projects
- Conducting market research and evaluating similar products and their functions.
- Collaborating with the engineering and marketing department on product feasibility.
- Redesigning existing products to enhance functionality or reduce costs.
- Creating design projects and specification sheets.
- Presenting product proposals to management and stakeholders.
- Overseeing the engineering of product prototypes.
- Testing prototype products for functionality, ease of use, and longevity.
- Resolving product issues.
- Brainstorm creative solutions to problems with both internal and external users.
- Architecting brand-new software solutions to fulfill project requirements
- Creating, designing, and implementing layouts for new and existing web pages
- Maintaining legacy code written by other developers, including bug fixesIntegrating external software libraries and APIs into existing projects
- Participating in all aspects of agile software development including design, implementation, and deployment
Your Skills and Qualifications Include:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- 3+ years' experience as a software engineer
- Experience with project management.
- Ability to make sound product decisions.
- Excellent knowledge of one or more back-end programming languages (Rails and Node preferred but not required)
- Familiarity with common programming design patterns and best practices
- Experience with common web development tools and services, such as version control software, package managers, and CI/CD pipelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
Blueboard is building a team rich in diverse talents and experiences, and we welcome all applicants. If you’re not sure whether you’re qualified, but you’re passionate about Blueboard, we encourage you to apply.
As a member of the Blueboard team, you can expect:
A competitive salary based on experience
Medical and dental benefits, as well as a 401K plan
A flexible vacation policy and 12 companywide holidays so that you can refresh, relax, and invest time in your interests
An annual tenure reward each year to go #blueboardingInteresting and fun team events to build meaningful relationships with your colleagues, as well as retreats and occasional work from abroad experiences
Internal learning and development programs and a personal budget for your own professional growth
An incredible opportunity to help build and share an exciting new product that excites and delights people around the world