Job Posting Title
Why Big Fish Games?
Big Fish Games is the home of some of the biggest hit mobile casual games including EverMerge, Gummy Drop!, Cooking Craze, Fairway Solitaire, and many more.
We are curious and constantly seek improvement in all we do because that’s what our business
We operate with good intentions, confidence, and humility
We welcome diversity of background, thought, and experience
We listen actively and value each other
We foster a fun environment that inspires creativity
Big Fish Games is looking for a Senior Unity Engineer
to join our team in building and launching our next big social casino title. Work with friendly and motivated engineers to create innovative
features, optimize code for high performance targets, and build amazing tools to enable game developers to bring their content to life to be enjoyed by millions of players. This position comes with a high level of ownership and influence working with a small team of highly effective developers.
What you'll do
- Work on a critical initiative for all future game development in a global organization Join an experienced team with in-depth technical knowledge of Unity and C#
- Enjoy stable work life balance actively promoted by leadership
- Independence and autonomy to make decisions & drive results within a highly collaborative team Provide expertise and architecture support for other engineering teams Develop and support new workflows for internal and external partners
- Learn new technologies and techniques and bring them to the wider engineering organization
What we're looking for
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years professional experience in software development 3+ years developing software in Unity
- Experience with the entire development life-cycle from gathering requirements to launching Experience using Unity for live application development
- Experience estimating effort and establishing timelines for projects as well as communicating associated risk Ability to maintain composure under pressure Comfortable with Linux / command line
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Detail-oriented, motivated, self-starter who is adept at working independently
- Working knowledge of backend technologies such as NodeJS or C#/.NET Experience programming for mobile devices on iOS and/or Android preferred
Benefits and Beyond
Employees constantly rate Big Fish Games highly for its leadership, flexibility, well-being, diversity and inclusion through quarterly surveys.
FLEX-Forward work environment: Customize the when, where, and how you work while delivering goals
Health & More: Medical, dental, vision, life, disability, Teladoc services, employee assistance program (EAP)
Friday (half-days), paid time off, parental leave, flexible work policy, studio holiday closure
(Enjoy the week between Christmas and New Year!)
fairs, weekly virtual workout classes, 24/7 access to mental health and wellbeing support, free therapy and counseling sessions for you and your family
Wealth Care: 401k matching, flexible spending account (FSA), employee discounts, employee stock purchase program
Learn & Grow: LinkedIn Learning subscription, mentorship program, career development, individual development plans, educational assistance on job-related professional development
Community & Fun: Company social events, employee impact groups, company swag, volunteer opportunities
About Big Fish
Building upon our 20-year legacy as a leader in the biggest gaming categories in the world, we are innovating and developing new products within the casual space to add to our extensive portfolio. Big Fish is dedicated to delivering amazing experiences for players to connect, compete and discover play, anywhere and on any device. This means games for broad global audiences in genres that are easy to learn, and difficult to master. Be a part of the team from the start.
Big Fish is part of Pixel United, the free-to-play, mobile-first video games business
of Aristocrat Leisure Ltd (ASX: ALL)!
Remote - Canada (Job Posting)
Big Fish Games