Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Information Security Engineer II is a member of the Information Security Governance and Risk team that is responsible for delivering security requirements and coordinating information security risk assessments to ensure compliance with corporate policy, standards, procedures and industry best practices. The engineer will assist with the assessment of security risks associated with new applications and products; provide security requirements based on the Information Security Policy; coordinate vulnerability assessments; and present an overall risk assessment for the project.
The successful candidate will have broad technical knowledge of current and emerging cyber threats, as well as security technologies and methods used to protect both corporate and customer-facing network infrastructures. This candidate must be able to work as a team member to consult with internal clients on security topics, providing designs, reviews, and recommendations in compliance with corporate policy, standards, procedures, and industry best practices.
The Main Responsibilities
- Assist in the assessment of potential risks with new applications and products and provide security requirements and recommendations for risk mitigation to help the business succeed with their projects.
- Assist in assessing new security technologies and recommend possible implementation strategies.
- Ensure reports and findings are delivered in a timely and appropriate manner to management.
- Recommend new security policy, standards, best practices, and system configuration standards. Consult with internal clients on security topics and policy interpretation.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, or 5+ years of equivalent experience.
- Candidate must possess, or be willing to pursue, applicable professional/technical certifications, such as CISSP, GPEN, GWAPT, GISEC, CISM or CISA.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and comfort with presenting technical issues to all levels of management, as well as non-technical staff.
- Broad technical knowledge of current and emerging technologies used both within the corporate infrastructure and in delivering customer facing services.
Experience in performing security risk assessments and application, system, and network security.
- Knowledge of information security industry and regulatory obligations (ISO 27001/27002, SOX, PCI, NIST Framework, FISMA, FedRAMP, HIPAA, NACHA, and SSAE-16).
- Experience in network and/or firewall engineering, administration, design and implementation including experience in applying methodologies and principles for all levels of security.
- Experience with technologies, tools and process controls to minimize risk and data exposure.
- Application development and/or source code review experience in C/C++, C#, VB.NET, ASP, PHP, PERL, Python, or Java.
- Knowledge of project management practices.
- Experience in large Enterprise data centers and/or networks.
Requisition #: 297631
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.