A career in Products and Technology is an opportunity to bring PwC's strategy to life by driving products and technology into everything we deliver. Our clients expect us to bring the right people and the right technology to solve their biggest problems; Products and Technology is here to help PwC meet that challenge and accelerate the growth of our business. We have skilled technologists, data scientists, product managers and business strategists who are using technology to accelerate change. Our team covers a variety of responsibilities that are executed by DevSecOps, Site Reliability and ML Ops Engineers, including: -Defining standard release automation patterns for infrastructure and application components -Defining standard CI/CD pipeline patterns that include a common set of DevOps and SecOps tools -Developing reports and metrics to validate existing and new pipelines use standard DevSecOps tools -Proactive optimization of redundancies, monitoring and alerting practices and patterns -Developing resilient and highly available cloud patterns -Controlling and executing the promotion of code through all environments -Infrastructure as Code development for buildout cloud infrastructure -Building and Releasing pipeline development -Secrets and configuration management -Monitoring systems and services, providing incident and emergency response to triage and resolve system or client issues -Management of the application ecosystem improving platform infrastructure and applications with high reliability, resiliency, performance and quality -Supporting documentation, knowledge articles, and runbooks -Designing, building and Implementing devops patterns that adhere to PwC’s security guidelines and policies.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Director, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Support team to disrupt, improve and evolve ways of working when necessary.
- Arrange and sponsor appropriate assignments and experiences to help people realise their potential and support their long-term aspirations.
- Identify gaps in the market and spot opportunities to create value propositions.
- Look for opportunities to scale efficiencies and new ways of working across multiple projects and environments.
- Create an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- I promote and encourage others to value difference when working in diverse teams.
- Drive and take ownership for developing connections that help deliver what is best for our people and stakeholders.
- Influence and facilitate the creation of long-term relationships which add value to the firm.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences
:Minimum Degree Required
Bachelor DegreeAdditional Educational Requirements
In lieu of a Bachelor Degree, 12 years of professional experience involving technology-focused process improvements, transformations, and/or system implementations.
Minimum Years of Experience
10 year(s)Preferred Qualifications
Master DegreePreferred Fields of Study
Computer and Information Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Systems Analysis, Engineering, Statistics, Artificial Intelligence and Robotics, Management Information Systems, Data Processing/Analytics/Science, Business Analytics, AnalyticsCertification(s) Preferred
TOGAF, PMI, and/or certifications in programming, business intelligence/data warehousing.
Demonstrates thought leader-level knowledge with, and/or a proven record of success directing efforts in executing various aspects of client engagements and/or projects within a professional services environment, including the following areas:
- Web-based systems architecture, service-based architecture including microservices, enterprise application architecture as well as experience managing expectations when balancing alternatives against business and financial constraints;
- Current agile methodologies, specifically Scrum;
- Web technologies such as HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap framework, AngularJS, Yeoman, D3js, Nodejs, jQuery;
- Data architecture, data modeling and data management across relational, columnar and noSQL technologies like SQL Server, MongoDB, Vertica, neo4j;
- Big data technologies like Hadoop (Hortwonworks, Cloudera, Cloud based HDInsight, EMR), Spark, Kafka, Elasticsearch and others;
- Service creation and orchestration using ESBs like Mulesoft, Talend;
- Advanced analytics development experience with R, Python a plus;
- Architecting solutions across on premise and cloud a plus; and,
- Cloud based data and analytics native PaaS components in Azure, Google Cloud, AWS a plus.
Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities with, and/or a proven record of success directing efforts in consulting-related projects within a professional services environment, emphasizing leading of teams involved in full life-cycle software and/or multi-discipline development, including the following areas:
- Fostering team commitment to tasks and influence key people inside and outside of the group;
- Communicating based on the audience (i.e. eliminating technical jargon when needed or deep diving into technical details with the development team);
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams, building relationships and achieving results without a direct reporting relationship;
- Grasping a range of functional and non-functional requirements to understand an application scope and define the right architecture, including solution components and interactions;
- Architecting and designing cross industry business solutions using industry leading practices in technology, performance and scalability;
- Evaluating, defining, and when necessary prototyping and guiding development teams in a hands-on manner on alternatives to determine the most appropriate approach for each solution;
- Determining how to satisfy functional requirements using existing platform architecture and services, and where appropriate, work with Platform Architect to help define and create new services to fulfill particular needs and make recommendations;
- Collaborating with Platform, Solution, Application and Data Architects towards creating industry leading approaches, architecture design and solutions in a rapidly evolving development environment;
- Working with cross functional teams such as engineering and product management to provide feedback and support the evolution of the platform and solution offerings;
- Providing direction and guidance, hands-on development support, code review, development oversight, and support to successfully deliver on time with quality;
- Contributing to on-going process and methodology improvements; and,
- Establishing architecture governance with compliance of technology solutions with architectural patterns and standards.
At PwC, our work model includes three ways of working: virtual, in-person, and flex (a hybrid of in-person and virtual). Visit the following link to learn more: https://pwc.to/ways-we-work.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoadvisorydirector.