Nelnet is a student loan servicer that's grown into a real estate investor and software provider. But that's just the beginning. With 7,500 associates and growing, we take our business wherever superior customer experiences and ingenuity are needed.
The perks of working at Nelnet go beyond our benefits package. When you join the Nelnet team, you're part of a community invested in the success of each individual. That support comes through in our work, as we are united by our mission of creating opportunities for people where they live, learn, and work.
As an IT Full-Stack Developer, a typical day might include:
1. Architecting solutions and execution through hands-on development, quality assurance, and prototyping
2. Delivering code in an Agile framework using test-driven development methodologies.
3. Participating in development life cycle activities like design, coding, testing, code review, production, release and production support.
4. Partnering closely with product to craft great product experiences.
5. Participating and promoting architectural initiatives, balancing long-term velocity with short-term customer needs
- A startup culture with enterprise resources – the open, collaborative, fast-paced culture of a startup with the trust, benefits, resources, and safety of an established enterprise!
- Cutting edge technology – Tech is on the forefront of conversations and is woven into everything you do!
- Opportunity to create impact - You’re a part of building something that is brand new and has the potential to change the financial services space!
- A culture of innovation - you’ll be surrounded by people who think outside the box and are constantly looking for ways to improve, just like you do!
- An agile team with dedicated people – we care about you and work hard for each other!
2. 2-3 years of experience with Node.JS and Docker
3. 3 years current experience building single page applications with popular JS frameworks and libraries (React, Angular, Ember, Babel, Webpack, Underscore, etc.)
4. Previous experience with Microservices, preferably with frameworks such as Seneca.js or Moleculer
5. Experience with AWS toolset and AWS Lambda or containerization tool experience preferred.
Competencies – Skills/Knowledge/Abilities:
1. Innovator and experimenter. Strong desire to learn, push the envelope, and try new things
2. Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
3. Passion for quality and writing clean, solid, readable code that scales and performs well.
4. Solid fundamental understanding of testing (including stubbing, functional, unit, and e2e)
5. Practical experience building and consuming RESTful APIs
6. Solid understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, asset loading, caching, REST)
7. Experience using CI/CD tools and systems such as Jenkins, Hudson, GitLab, GitHub, etc.
8. Experience with HTML5, CSS3, SASS/LESS, Bootstrap, and cross-browser and device development
10. Strong database knowledge (table design, complex query creation, best practices)
Colorado residents; pay range for this role is $90,000 - $130,000
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Corporate Recruiting at 402-486-5725
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.