Olivine, Inc. is a small and growing distributed energy resources (DER) and grid services company on a mission to create a clean and sustainable environment for everyone in our Community. Olivine is leading the way to decarbonize our electrical grid and fight climate change by providing equal and affordable access to clean technologies.
Olivine is expanding our software engineering team as we work to help prevent power outages this summer. We are seeking a React.js/React Native engineer to support our mobile application and web counterpart for the Olivine Community. Primarily, we are interested if you have more than 4 years building mobile and web applications, and the following skills and experience:
- Advanced knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience with CircleCI or other CI/CD tools
- Experience with SQL databases and using SQL queries a plus
In this role you’ll be part of a team building a next generation enterprise application platform, used by a new breed of electric storage providers and other non-traditional energy producers, bringing renewable energy online. As a member of a small team, you will not be shoe boxed into a single discipline, but rather you will be involved in all aspects of development – focusing on front-end but with opportunities on the back-end as well if you have the interest and skills – and will be utilizing a wide set of technologies.Responsibilities
- Design/Build new mobile screens and web pages, utilizing a Node.js backend
- Build mobile apps for iOS and Android using React Native
- Support operations team in debugging technical customer support issues
- Create unit, integration, security and functional testing across all code that meets or exceeds company standards.
- Write up detailed documentation on core application design and features you’ll be working on.
In addition to the experience listed above, other desirable experience and skills include:
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (e.g. App Engine, Cloud Functions) and using Google Cloud SDK
- Good understanding of Swagger (OpenAPI) REST API specification standards
Candidates must be motivated and eager to work in a small and growing company. We are a dynamic group of people with a great deal of work to do – we are looking for people who can add leverage on day one. If you want to make a real impact using the latest technologies to build things, this is a great opportunity for you.
If you genuinely love to code build software like we do, then we would love to talk to you.To apply:
To be considered for this position, include a resume and reply to the prompts.
Olivine, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers.No relocation or work visa sponsorship provided.
Olivine, Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Please specify your salary requirements
- React / React Native: 4 years (Preferred)
- Node.js: 2 years (Preferred)
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings