- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
Amazon’s network is a key differentiator for Amazon Cloud Computing and Web Services (AWS), enabling the global operation of thousands of applications across millions of servers worldwide. The Networking team develops and operates the network platform for all of Amazon including e-commerce products and cloud computing solutions. This platform is industry-leading for its efficiency, throughput and reliability, and it is critical to the success of hundreds of thousands of AWS customers.
We are looking for a remote Software Development Engineer to join our backbone traffic control organization. Our team is responsible for software platforms that enable Amazon to safely operate and scale our network and we are building products that are changing the Internet. An ideal candidate will have experience designing, building and maintaining mission critical software systems at scale, with a focus on operational and engineering excellence.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will:
- Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions to transform service performance, durability, cost, and security.
- Write high quality distributed system software
- Enjoy seeing the impact of your work has on customers.
- Work in an agile, startup-like development environment, where you are always working on the most important stuff.
- Take ownership and do what it takes to get the job done.
- Learn from others and help grow those in your team to achieve their best.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfilment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/”
· 4+ years of experience as a Software Development Engineer · Strong knowledge of software development methodology and tools, with demonstrated experience in software development engineering role · Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills · Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions · Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly · Experienced in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies · Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team · Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills · Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers in all aspects of their engineering skill-sets. • The pay range for this position in Colorado is $168,000 - 197,000 (yr.); however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site. Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.