McGraw Hill Education's digital products reach millions of students and teachers every year. Come help us help them!
We are looking for a
Sr Software Engineer with good knowledge of
Angular and the Angular ecosystem for our Content Authoring team. This team enables MHE authors to create, manage, and serve the content that goes out to students and teachers.
Skills we are looking for
- Front End: Angular
- RxJS (and ideally NgRx)
- Back End: Node or Golang
- Infrastructure: AWS - ECS/Docker + various bits of glue
- Deployment: CircleCI / Terraform (heading towards GitHub actions)
- Monitoring and Alerting: New Relic / PagerDuty
What can you expect?
- Working closely with developer and product manager teammates, designing and developing applications and services to support business and engineering initiatives
- Participating in standup, backlog grooming, demos, and other Scrum meetings.
- Collaborating with engineers on your team on feature development and bug fixes
- Promoting engineering best practices within your team to ensure quality, stability, performance, resiliency, and maintainability of your software
- Being a champion of the customer’s voice to ensure our products are built with customer empathy at the forefront
- Sharing your knowledge and practices with other teams
What can you bring to the role?
- 5+ Years of experience in product or enterprise software development
- Proven technical abilities in testing, monitoring, performance tuning, and deployment pipelines.
- Experience across the full software stack including Frontend, Backend / API, Databases, and Infrastructure.
- Passion for engineering best practices
- Focus on application quality and testing practices like unit, integration and e2e testing, code coverage analysis and automated software inspection
- Strong sense of customer empathy and a commitment to delighting customers
- Ability to work across functional and domain boundaries to deliver software on time and with quality
As an education innovation company, we're proud to play our part by inspiring learners around the world. If you bring your curiosity, we'll help you contribute and grow in a collaborative environment, where everyone shares a passion for our craft, and how it can support the success of students and teachers.
As an education innovation company, we're proud to play our part by inspiring learners around the world. If you bring your curiosity, we'll help you grow in a collaborative environment where everyone shares a passion for success.
Are you ready for a new challenge? Apply for a career at McGraw Hill and together, we'll impact the world.