- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one software programming language
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
Job summary Do you want to transform the way people shop at Amazon? We are looking for stellar software engineers to be part of our multi-disciplinary team. We are re-imagining the future of the Amazon shopping experience for customers through tailoring it to their current intent. We understand what customers are interested in shopping for, and guide them to discover what they need as they shop. If you love building software that helps customers solve their problems, this is your opportunity to impact millions of customers. Come help us build the future of personalized shopping at Amazon! This is a fast paced, highly collaborative startup-like environment inside Amazon. To be successful you need to be flexible, entrepreneurial, and comfortable operating with ambiguity. You are a true owner - you think backwards from the customer experience, are passionate about the potential customer impact and will operate at all levels. You will be able to create new innovative customer experiences from ideation to prototype to production, as well as shape the team roadmap with your innovations. Key job responsibilities We are looking for a great software engineer with an interest in modern user interfaces, data science, machine learning, search, or recommendation systems. You have great problem solving skills. You love staying up-to-date with the latest technology and use it to help you innovate. You have strong leadership qualities, great judgment, clear communication skills, and a track record of delivering great products. You will lead the charge on architecture and design decisions, as well as building out the experiences to deliver to millions of customers. About the team Our vision is to build the next generation of shopping experience at Amazon through personalization and understanding the customer's intent. We imagine our core experiences to work together as a talented personal shopping assistant would — a partner that is knowledgeable, understands your preferences, and helps you find the right solution for your needs. We aim for the quality of personalization to be a core reason customers choose Amazon, on par with Earth’s largest selection, low prices, and fast and free shipping. About our organization: Our team is part of Amazon’s Personalization organization, a high-performing group that leverages Amazon’s expertise in machine learning, big data, and distributed systems to deliver the best shopping experiences for our customers. We run experiments and our work has revolutionized e-commerce with features such as “Customers who bought this item also bought”, “Frequently bought together”, and "Keep shopping for ...". Amazon’s internal surveys regularly recognize us as one of the best engineering organizations to work for in the company, with visible high-impact work, low operational load, respectful work-life balance, and continual opportunity to learn and grow.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related technical field; or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
- 6+ years of experience developing large complex software and delivering successfully to customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- A strong sense of curiosity and willingness to learn quickly, building knowledge and skills that this role requires.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Hands-on experience in cloud-based distributed software design and development, especially utilizing AWS services.
- Experience designing software architectures for scalability, reliability and performance.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Regular and Reduced Time (F, R)* jobs based in Colorado and virtual jobs where work can be performed in Colorado: • The pay range for this position in Colorado is $112k - $160k/yr]; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.