Job Title: Software Engineer - Full Stack
Reporting to: Transplant Management Development
Hours of work: Typical hours of work are from 9:00 AM until 6:00 PM PST.
As a Full Stack Software Engineer, you’ll have substantial impact on several of our modern life-saving software products in the Donation and Transplantation space, where we are a global leader with an international footprint and thousands of professionals relying on us every day. You’ll be working alongside a great team of smart, friendly, caring, and enthusiastic engineers to develop and maintain technical solutions to complex challenges that make a true difference in many peoples’ lives
If you enjoy working with modern and diverse technologies on the Microsoft tech stack and care deeply about your code, this is the place for you. With an upbeat, positive attitude you’ll fit right in with our team who will enjoy mentoring and supporting you to help grow your career. Hopefully you enjoy learning and exploring new technologies as much as we do!
- Architect, design and develop new features and functionality for our primary web applications in a fullstack capacity, including front-end, back-end, database/data access and other impacted areas as needed.
- Closely follow our coding standards and overall Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) processes using the Atlassian stack (JIRA, Confluence, Service Desk), Git Flow, R# and other tooling.
- Collaborate with other engineers during team programming and on various cross-product and platform engineering projects.
- Create detailed technical documentation, including high-quality inline code comments and separate process/workflow documentation in Confluence and/or other documentation systems.
- Participate in cross-functional meetings with the Product and Quality Assurance groups to deliver stable and high-quality features and functionality, perform effort estimations and kick off/wrap up projects.
- Work with container and deployment technologies such as Docker to build and maintain a repeatable deployment environment.
- Follow best practices for engineering testing and develop unit and integration tests using xUnit and other test frameworks.
- Mentor other team members in technology best practices and perform code reviews.
- Other duties, as necessary.
- Ability to work in collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles for building a scalable application.
- Preferably, a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Development, Business Information Technology, or related disciplines.
- 5+ years’ experience developing and maintaining all components of a modern web application stack.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer may be required.
- Additionally, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before beginning their employment with InVita.
- Full-stack development: 4 years (Required)
Work Location: Remote