- Bachelor’s/Master's degree in Computer Science, or similar technical field.
- 7+ years of experience as a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET).
- Experience developing automation in at least one of OO languages - Java, C#/C++, Python or web based technologies.
- Demonstrated experience in test framework design and development.
Do you love shopping on Amazon.com and want to help make that experience even better? Then we have a great opportunity for you. We're looking for a highly motivated Senior Software Engineer in Test for the Frontend Experience (FX) team, which owns the Amazon internal frontend framework used by Amazon teams to build the CX of Amazon.com. We need an automation leader to drive the automation innovations across the org to ship the delightful customer experience to Amazon shoppers.
Key job responsibilities
You will directly be responsible for the automation strategy of frontend experience testing. You will architect the next gen automation solutions to rapid test the CX changes that will ensure that Amazon shoppers enjoy a high quality shopping experience when discovering and purchasing any product or service on any platform. You will look for the bottlenecks in delivery process, come up with the proposal to remove those via automation and build the solution. Additionally, You will advise the leadership and guide the junior engineers on the quality matters and influence the way products are tested in automated manner.
A day in the life
You’ll be the authoritative voice of automation across the org, and your solutions will be used by the hundreds of engineers across Amazon. You will have the crazy opportunities like hosting your stuff in Docker, develop code using Java, Kotlin, or Typescript and AWS by your side to scale. Not only that, you will be the part of a team consisting of talented senior engineers, principal engineers, and product managers who will further push you to learn and grow.
About the team
Interested in a team with a strong culture and camaraderie? Have the passion to build the best customer experience and the drive to actually ship it? Then we would love to talk to you.
- Work-life balance: Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule, so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
- Impact: Work on products that are being used, directly and indirectly, by thousands of developers and has a meaningful impact to their functions and interactions.
- Team culture: You'll be joining a fun team that prides itself on a great work environment with an inclusive group of people that loves working together towards a common goal.
- Gratification: You will know you are directly responsible for solving real customer pain points.
- Learn & Grow: You will learn and grow with challenges across multiple applications and stack
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with demonstrated experience in an SDET role.
- Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills.
- Coding experience with automated testing frameworks, tools, services, and physical devices.
- Ability to effectively articulate technical limitations and solutions.
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
- Experienced in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies.
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem-solving skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.